IGNORED

Who's all Going to CGE

hhwolfman

I've got classes friday evening

Geez, that's the ultimate no-life time slot.

I'm looking forward to it also. It's going to be weird driving 15 minutes instead of flying or doing a 10+ hour road trip to Vegas. Wonder what the weather's going to be, it seems be alternating between cool and really hot lately?

I'm starting to feel the anticipation myself. :)

I'm going to drive one hour to the show, so I'm going to be leaving my house about 8 a.m. Saturday morning to get there when it opens. :D

I thought about getting a hotel room, but I decided I can handle the commute for two days...

Speaking of SJSU, I think Friday evening class is better than Saturday class. Imagine missing CGE for....class!? :x Friday nights were so dead in the some dorms that you could hear a mouse squeak, your neighbors doing it, the water drip, etc. :D :sleep:

Oh, and speaking of visitors. Anyone flying in, if you want to save money from paying a taxi or SuperShuttle, take public transit! It's cheap and pretty decent. Take the FREE Airport Flyer shuttle [Valley Transit Authority(VTA) Line 10] between San Jose International Airport and the Metro/Airport VTA Light Rail Station at North 1st Street and Old Bayshore Highway. Get off the bus at the light rail station and take the VTA Light Rail south towards Downtown San Jose. (Be sure to buy a ticket at the light rail station first! Only $1.50!) Trains come about every 15 minutes. Once on the train, (the trip will take about 15-20 minutes) get off at the Convention Center station. You'll be at the front steps of CGE!! The Marriott is to the east of the Convention Center and the Hilton is to the west of the center. Total cost: $1.50! Cheap like Vegas! :D (I have a friend from SoCal coming this way) No need to pay the hotel for parking fees to store your car for the night (even though you are a guest at their hotel!) I think taxis and shuttles are about $15 to $20 minimum.

See you all Saturday! :music:

Well, I am happy to say that MMF and I have arrived safely (albeit 4 hours LATE!) in San Jose. Any fellow AA'ers who are here are more than welcome to PM one of us to get in touch!

I don't know what it is about our airline flights, but whenever we go to a con - something ALWAYS goes wrong....

Well, I am happy to say that MMF and I have arrived safely (albeit 4 hours LATE!) in San Jose. Any fellow AA'ers who are here are more than welcome to PM one of us to get in touch!  

I don't know what it is about our airline flights, but whenever we go to a con - something ALWAYS goes wrong....

Welcome to SJ! I hope you two will like it here! :)

Welcome to SJ! I hope you two will like it here! :)

It seems pretty nice so far. Fairly easy to navigate around - especially when you can access MapQuest from your hotel room.

I don't think we're doing much tonight, though - we're so tired from spending the whole day in airports that we're just going to eat and rest.

Weather in San Jose is really moderate. I actually think Nebraska was a little bit hotter. :lolblue: It feels like we're on the South side of Omaha, with all the Mexican resteraunts and the "Super Mercado" on the corner, except the buildings have more pastel colors, and of course the occasional palm tree here and there. :D