IGNORED

How Much Would YOU Pay?

Tempest

How Much Would You Pay For a One-of-a-Kind Unreleased 2600 Prototype?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How Much Would You Pay For a One-of-a-Kind Unreleased 2600 Prototype?

• $100
    • $300
    • $500
    • $700
    • $1000
    • $2000
    • $3000+
    • Nothing! You Prototype People Are Crazy!!!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would pay about $300 (my pick in this poll) to a max of $750 (saying I had that much on me if such a chance came along) for a unique game that was unrealsed and undumped. I would only go this high if I was to be the person with the only copy of the game in existance and it could be confirmed by a programer or artist of the title (I.E. a parker bros or actiplaque employee of the 70's-80's) But as for a commonly avalible title that had been dumped to the publicreleased for sale, don't get me wrong that would still be awsome, but I would pay FAR FAR less for such a game.

And I also can't justify spending more than that on a game when I have 2 young kids that money could be spent on with much more ease to my mind.

I was at a garage sale and always look for Ataris. Well, I found an Atari 2600, some controllers, some games (one of them was Toothprotectors), for $5. I didn't have money but my Grandmother gave it to me. I bought it instantly and wouldn't let it out of my site. I held it the whole time my Grandmother shopped. Once I had the item safely in the car (and my Grandmother was ready to drive off) I let the people know it was worth a lot of money lol.

On another note I picked up a Commodore 64, a 1502 color monitor (I forget the number since it's been many years), and a printer. The kid said the printer didn't work so he was asking $20 for everything, but he must have got anxious since he was a kid and crossed out $20 and wrote $15. I told him I'm not paying $15 for something that doesn't work, so I offered him $10. Sucker. I sold the C64 and printer for $20 and got a nice 12" or 13" monitor (I forget the size) monitor to use for video games.

• 2 months later...
I have five one-of-a-kind protos for sale people, so let's have it  :D

Cheers,

Marco

Yes, but now that the ROMs have been dumped, they're only worth about $25.00. :sad: :P

I wouldn't pay anything for a prototype unless I came across it in a bargain bin for a few bucks. The two exceptions to that of course are Dukes of Hazzard and Off Your Rocker which I don't consider prototypes. If someone contacted me with a previously unknown game for sale, I'd in all likelihood forward them to Tempest because I know he'd document the game and preserve it as opposed to sealing it in a vault and taking it out once a year to drool over.

Id actually pay for the Activision Protos but thats about it. They are neet and fun to learn about but thats about it too me. I have too many released games that I can still buy to fill in my collection. Though the thought of finding more protos and unfinished games keeps me looking and enjoying the hobby. Thats probably more valuable anyway.