IGNORED

while we're on the subject of unreleased prototypes

SS

From what I was told, Look Ahead was a puzzle game by Pick Up programmer Mark Klein. The only known prototype was given to John Hardie at CGE along with The Entity at CGE 2K2 (I know because I was there when it happened). All Mark told me was it was some kind of logic/puzzle game. I also seem to remember him saying it was based off some old concept (something famous I believe).

Tempest

From what I was told, Look Ahead was a puzzle game by Pick Up programmer Mark Klein.  The only known prototype was given to John Hardie at CGE along with The Entity at CGE 2K2 (I know because I was there when it happened).  All Mark told me was it was some kind of logic/puzzle game.  I also seem to remember him saying it was based off some old concept (something famous I believe).

Hmmm ... interesting. I should get my ass over to Joe's house for another "New Jersey Classic" one of these months and ask John about it. I wasn't even aware that he was in possession of it.

Hmmm ... interesting. I should get my ass over to Joe's house for another "New Jersey Classic" one of these months and ask John about it. I wasn't even aware that he was in possession of it.

He may not be anymore, this was 2 years ago. I assume he still has it (or one of the other CGE people). I did see it with my own two eyes though, so it does exist.

BTW where did you hear about it?

Tempest

Ok that makes sense since I helped write that. The reason I asked is that AFAIK no one else knew about it (well until now that is). IIRC we were the only people in the museum when the 'hand off' happened. I was curious if there had been some kind of official announcement about it that I missed.

Tempest

oh, and while we are on the subject of unreleased protos...

What is up with Treasure of Tarmin??? God I want to see that game, the Inty version is my #2 fave game of all time. I don't see what the big deal is, INTV released Thunder Castle and Tower of Doom without the AD&D names or copyrights, but didn't change the games. I would also like to see Rocky and Bullwinkle, it looks potentially really good. Why not just call it Squirrell & Moose :-) (and the oils well type game too,)