IGNORED

Armchair Arcade Issue 4 Has Been Published!

Issue 4 of Armchair Arcade has been released! This issue showcases a professionally illustrated cover featuring The Rise and Fall of Game Audio article and The System Ranking Matrix (Ratings for 75 US Games-capable machines). Other articles include Violence in Videogames, Scorched Parabolas, Atari 2600 Mega-Mini Reviews (Video Feature), In Defense of Retro Gaming: A Discussion of Abstraction, Head-to-Head with Popeye the Sailor, Sequential Access: Essay Nybbles (a 5 essay collection), and the first Hot Topic Editorial - Games for Grownups. Visit www.armchairarcade.com to check it all out!

I would like to say, I enjoyed the video review very much, very insightful and I felt the final score for the games (Chopper Command, Defender, Fantastic Voyage, Space Cavern, and Space Jockey) were pretty dead-on accurate.

I can't wait to see the next 5 reviewed. Please let it be Kaboom! or Jr. Pac-Man :D

Thanks for the nice feedback, it's appreciated. That's all we really ask for, is feedback, positive or otherwise. It's enough for us just to be read. As it is now we don't have to bother with advertising or making money or anything. We do it because we genuinely like it, so it's nice to know there are readers out there and they have something to say.

I won't be doing a video feature next issue. However, one of the other editors most likely will, most likely covering an old PC title. I will most likely be doing an audio article and a detailed article to accompany it. We're trying to continually mix things up and see what our readers really like. All the different formats have their positives and negatives from both a reader and a server standpoint.

Hi there!

Two corrections for the article about computer music:

The Cure never was a "Synthpop" band.

Front 242 is from Belgium, not Germany.

Good reading besides that... :)

(Except that IMHO such an article should also mention "Vince Clarke" and "Moog-Synthesizers" 8) )

Greetings,

Manuel