IGNORED

2004 ATARILYMPICS - Closing Ceremonies

Ze_ro

Oh crap! Something went wrong with my last update, and the top post is somewhat corrupted now! I think I might have tried to post too much information or something, and it lost the bottom of the post, including most of the T&F Hammer Throw and High Jump :( I don't suppose anyone happens to have a backup of this page so I could attempt to fix it? I hadn't anticipated something like this, so I never bothered to keep a back up of most of the information...

--Zero

Well, luckily none of that data is lost forever... the team rosters were just copied out of the team registration thread, and all the Hammer Throw and High Jump scores are still within the pages of this thread, so I can reconstruct things... but it'll be a pain sifting through all 20-something pages of this thread to find them :( I don't suppose anyone happened to write them down before all this happened? If so, please send them to me!

--Zero

Well, luckily none of that data is lost forever... the team rosters were just copied out of the team registration thread, and all the Hammer Throw and High Jump scores are still within the pages of this thread, so I can reconstruct things... but it'll be a pain sifting through all 20-something pages of this thread to find them :( I don't suppose anyone happened to write them down before all this happened? If so, please send them to me!

--Zero

Someone may still have the original view in their cache folder.

Never mind, I managed to find all the scores I needed. Luckily, I kept a spreadsheet with a listing of who won medals in what (unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to actually enter all the times/scores...) to make things even easier for me, it turns out that both the Hammer Throw and the High Jump were all entered by the same people! Not only that, but the scores were all in the same order, and most people managed to max out both events, so that saved me a lot of time. In reality, I only had to look through to find four actual scores! I guess I lucked out after all. I hope I actually got them right...

So, I reconstructed the whole thing (and saved a local copy :idea: ) and entered it again... but I still got the same problem, so I guess I'm maxing out the post length that the forum software allows! At first, I didn't think I could possibly out-do the length of the Team Registration thread, where I typed out all the rules to all the events, but I guess all the little image tags I added really added up. Anyways, I guess I'll yank out the per-player scores and stick them in a seperate post.

--Zero

I used the Whoosh Stelladaptor with z26 Whoosh emu to play my Whoosh games.  So, I used a Whoosh real 2600 joystick which I Whoosh dont think gave me any real Whoosh advantage.  My PC is Whoosh fast enough to play Whoosh full speed window or not.

Funny thing about all this emu talk a few days back is that I really believed I couldnt get as good a swimming score as others on the real deal since no matter what I did I could not break 23.2 nor 1:10.7 - I repeatly got those exact times over and over again.  I finally found where I was messing up and got into a medal for the Whoose swmming sports

Thats all Whoose from here :D

:lol:

Your such a whoose..

As an aside - could someone with programming knowledge look into the T&F code and let me know how that damn game scores the Long Jump and Javelin?  Runway speed seems to have nothing to do with it, as my best scores were done at a speed of between 1310 and 1330cm - this morning (at great pain to my shoulder - and the Wico) I was hitting speeds of 1350 and above and still not beating my best, even when I was running at a fast speed and hitting 45 degrees.  If Thomas or someone else could have a look at the code and work out how the programmers worked out lengths and distances I'd be grateful!

May be a little late but...

From my understandng of the atari 8-bit version the jump and javelin distance had more to do with how far you "slide" before the jump/throw than speed. Plus of course the angle of the throw.

Maybe the slide represents planting of the feet/ weight shifting.

As an aside - could someone with programming knowledge look into the T&F code and let me know how that damn game scores the Long Jump and Javelin?  Runway speed seems to have nothing to do with it, as my best scores were done at a speed of between 1310 and 1330cm - this morning (at great pain to my shoulder - and the Wico) I was hitting speeds of 1350 and above and still not beating my best, even when I was running at a fast speed and hitting 45 degrees.  If Thomas or someone else could have a look at the code and work out how the programmers worked out lengths and distances I'd be grateful!

Oh, have not see this post before. And yes, speed and degrees wonder me too abit here. I have done the best Javelin throw, but I am 100% sure it was not 45 degree. Its was lower. So 45 degree was not the best. I have always try the 45 degree, but most I am to fast or to slow, so I trow my best score here with maybe 40-44 degree. Not sure anymore how much it was. And my speed was too not so fast as some others who are second or third I think.

And same with Long Jump. One time I have a better speed then the best jump I think and with 45 degree I jump lower. So there must be too another degree better. But I too not know which is the best.