IGNORED

My first Easter egg: Super Skweek ending sequence

crc_73

It's cool when you find something you haven't seen reported before. Was messing with Super Skweek last night, looking at the cheats already there, and found this Easter Egg. For some reason, Handy and SS don't get along with the reset, but it is possible to do if instead of resetting in Handy, you begin a game (after doing the cheat), loose your lives, and begin another game.

Anyway, here's what I've submitted:

"BRAVO CHEAT ON:

To view the ending sequence, you need to find the pink whale. First, select a normal game. At the map screen, zoom in so that the central axis of your spaceship is aligned with the leftmost part of the letter "O" of "welcOme island". Zoom in as far as you can, then move vertically downwards, and you will find the pink whale in the middle of the sea between Welcome Island and the clock. Press OPT 1 or OPT 2 and you will see the message "BRAVO CHEAT ON". Move away from the whale, and then press OPT 1 and PAUSE to reset the game. When you next select a normal or random game, you will be treated to the ending sequence of the game, with the two boys taking a well deserved rest. crc_73"

post-5482-1092393344.png

post-5482-1092393345.png

post-5482-1092393346.png

post-5482-1092393347.png

Wow! I'm always amazed that people find these things. In all my years of gaming I don't think I've ever found an EE on my own. I always wondered how people would find those really complex ones (the ones with the 15+ button sequences or the ones that required you to hold Up+Right at a certain time and then push some buttons, etc.). Those almost seem to be impossible to find by random chance...

Tempest

I've found a few myself. Once I cracked the password code for Megaman 3 game before the info appeared in the magazines.

In Donkey Kong Country for N64, there is one stage that if you immidiately go left where you first come through, you'd warp to the middle of the stage. I don't think this has been published yet but I'll have to look up to find out which stage it was.

Finally in Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, there is a way to kill the final boss in as little as 3 rounds. Using spells like Cure on the enemy does some serious damage but only the lead character can use it. The second character (Pheobe) can't use any such spell as it won't work that way. This was eventually published but not by me.

Other stuff I found were more of bug issue than useful easter eggs.

There was a way that I could get a free man at the beginning of a level on Scrapyard Dog for the Lynx, but I could never duplicate the process on a regular basis. Months later, there was a cheat code in a magazine that was supposed to show how to do it, but it didn't work for me. Plus, I found a few warp doors that were never documented.

Well I don't know if this has been documented or not but on StarwingFox

on the SNES choose the bottom route and when you get to the Asteroid Belt

fly as far right as possible until you see a big green asteroid.

As soon as you see it keep shooting it and shooting it until you are at the

point of crashing and it will explode and change into a bird, It should then

fly towards the screen fly into it's chest and you will be warped to an ultra

secret hidden level called "Out Of This Dimension"

The background is wobbly planets and stuff and you get attacked by paper

planes! :D Also the boss is a fruit machine! :lol: When it's been destroyed

the background stops wobbling and the planets have faces! :o

Unfortunatly there is NO way to finish the level as there is an endless THE END

puzzle that you must keep solving and solving and..... :)

There was a way that I could get a free man at the beginning of a level on Scrapyard Dog for the Lynx, but I could never duplicate the process on a regular basis. Months later, there was a cheat code in a magazine that was supposed to show how to do it, but it didn't work for me. Plus, I found a few warp doors that were never documented.

Have you tried getting "small" first? I believe that a free life can be found in one of the tree trunks on the first level, but you can only access this after getting the "small" powerup.

Yeap...works just fine in Handy...kinda hard to find that whale in handy as it gets really choppy zoomed in..so you might miss it...but it is there...

Then just as you said...play the game normally...lose all your lives and then restart..and you will see the ending sequence...

Very cool and very interesting...

:D

While playing Super Skweek my brother also noticed a hidden bonus in Super Skweek.

If you zoom in on the first island in the island select screen if you look around you will find a small skweek which you can click on with option 1 to receive 2 additional lives after resetting the Lynx.

Also if you zoom in on the second island you can find a skweek that will

give you 3000 additional zargs.

Yep, those two (and another to unlock the forbidden islands) have already been reported.

http://www.atariage.com/software_hints.htm...twareHintID=400

It was through messing around with these ones that I found the new one.

I also scanned the rest of the screen for any more hidden things, but I don't think there are any more. But I might be wrong... (but I don't think so, as I checked a few times and REALLY took my time :D )

Haven't found any EE's but have found a few bugs in California Games, didn't know if they have been reported before.

Scores over 60,000 in footbag do not get saved properly on the scoreboard, its weird. A score of 93,000 would be recorded as 33,000.

Also when you hit 1000 the manual says that......

The right (red) score is your cumulative score tallied from the time  

you last dropped the bag.  The highest possible cumulative score is

1,000.  If you drop the bag, the score is zeroed and you begin again.

This is not true, yes visually the score is zeroed but the actual counter in the software is not zeroed. It shows 89 as cumulative score but infact it would 1089.

Has this been discovered before? I have search the forums and cannot find anything about it?

Bruce182

It' s been a while since I played starwing, but I remeber a very similar cheat where there is a small asteriod with a smiley face & you crash into this one & it warps u somewhere (cant remeber exactly, but it didn't have the stuff u mentioned)

Maybe to the end of the level. I think it was a well known cheat

It' s been a while since I played starwing, but I remeber a very similar cheat where there is a small asteriod with a smiley face & you crash into this one & it warps u somewhere (cant remeber exactly, but it didn't have the stuff u mentioned)

Maybe to the end of the level. I think it was a well known cheat

The place you refer to is "The Black Hole" its a secret level that acts like a

warp zone, I found this one first before the Dimension one and just to update

both levels have been discovered already, So my secret was not undocumented! :sad:

The black hole secret is on the first Asteroid belt while the Slot Machine level

is on the second, just to clarify that! ;) :D

Good work crc_73!! :D

I wonder how many undiscovered Lynx secret and cheats still waiting to be found...

I have'nt find many of these things myself. But I remember I cracked the password code in an old Game Boy RPG from Taito called Knight Quest. This allowes you to start the game with 9999 gold coins, better weapons, important items etc :D

• 16 years later...
On 8/18/2004 at 5:40 AM, crc_73 said:

Looks like I wasn't the first to report this - bummer!

http://www.cheek.org/atari/lynx/superskw.htm

Looks like that link is broken, but yeah, I had found the pink whale myself back in the day, and then noticed all the Lynx cheat "repositories" documented only the other three characters.  Just to be sure there aren't any more, I "played Space Invaders" and swept back and forth across all tiers to see if there were any other characters.  I was a lot more zealous then.