IGNORED

Cinciclassic back on...... maybe?

Blackjack

If I did go to the CinciClassic it might give me the opportunity to drive through Springfield. I was born there but haven't been back since about 1985. It would be interesting to give the town a look over. I doubt that there would be much that I would be able to recognize anymore.

It is a great time .. because everyone is so reverent about video games. I remember the 1998 show. I got a chance to crash at two guys' apartment who were organizing it. Only 25 people attended but we had a blast over the weekend. One guy thought his Chase the Chuckwagon had been stolen .. but it showed up in one of his boxes.

We talked about how trusting everyone was and how respectful everyone is about eachother's stuff. So they decided to hold Cinciclassic 1999 in a big room at their office. About 50 people showed up. Again a great experience.

2001 was at the Fair Place mall (or whatever it is called). I got there just in time to help set up on Friday night. Later that evening we had a blast sitting around a huge table at Ruby Tuesdays and drinking beer.

The people I have met are all top notch. It is worth the eight hour drive from Atlanta.

If only they could find a place to have it again. Hell I would go for a dry barn in the middle of nowhere!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We are planning for a spring show.  Believe it or not, we want to have the show more than anyone.

Hi Matt:

I will try to make it! Have the show and they will come! .. even if you have it in a barn in the middle of nowhere! :D

Bring PDP spacewar's hack, and we shall battle in an epic fight for the ages ;)

Bring PDP spacewar's hack, and we shall battle in an epic fight for the ages  ;)

Ok buddy! Choose your controller!! I choose the Starplex 5 button controller .. and I warm up by playing Thrust!! 8) Now give me some elbow room here! Gotta put a head band on! Get ready! :D

(Spacewar champion of the South)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry shep, you can't go until you learn how to properly spell the city. Three n's and only one t.

It is good to hear there is some progress. I hope the timeframe is still in the spring?

It's been over a year since my last classic gaming show. I'm going through withdrawal right now. Still eight months till Philly? Arrgh!

I think they should go the route they went last time and lease a couple empty storefronts in a shopping mall like they did in 02. There was all kinds of older people came in and bought vintage systems after seeing them again and getting that youth feeling again. I would like to see CinciClassic 05 go down. One plus to visiting Cincinnati is that there's all kinds of stuff to do on the Kentucky side of the river. Also, Cincy chili is teh roxxor. Also, I'd much rather drive just down the road rather than to Milwaukee for MidwestClassic.