IGNORED

Classic Gaming Expo, Why Atari Age No Show?

necksnap

He's talking about why AA didn't show up for the CGE. There's some sort of rivalry going on according to some people, and I think it's BS. This is about video games for crying out loud! Geez...

As I've said before, AtariAge is welcome to join us at CGE!

Since we already have the dates set for 2005 I'm hoping they'll sign up for the event early and prove that these "rivalries" are skin-deep and between just a few people, not between entire online communities.

I'd like to see a con where AA, Atari History Museum (Curt Vendel) and Best Electronics all attend along with all the vendors that now participate in CGE. I was at World of Atari 98. Curt and Brad (Best) had some incredible things to show and to sell. I am amazed that Brad won't attend the Bay Area show. It is so close for him and I am sure he'd make a nice wad 'o dough. I've had no problems with any of the vendors at the shows ever. It would be nice if we could all get along.

-Lee

He's talking about why AA didn't show up for the CGE. There's some sort of rivalry going on according to some people, and I think it's BS. This is about video games for crying out loud! Geez...

As I've said before, AtariAge is welcome to join us at CGE!

Since we already have the dates set for 2005 I'm hoping they'll sign up for the event early and prove that these "rivalries" are skin-deep and between just a few people, not between entire online communities.

Great! so this means that DP will be at Philly Classic 6 right? :D I sure hope so.

Hey all,

So last week about this time, I told the wife that I was goin to the bank and get some cash for CGE. I was sooo excited that it was in my neighborhood. I saved a ton of cash. Hoping for a few things.

Mostly, I wanted the USB joystick adapter from AtariAge.

Get a couple of games from the AA store.

Pick up the retroradio archive DVD.

The Howard Scott Warshaw video.

Hopefully replace my 3do.

Maybe pick up an 5200.

Maybe an Astrocade.

Some new carts that I might see.

After walking up and down the room several times, I saw no sign of AA there. Bummer. The one 3do unit at the show was gone. Bummer. Couldn't bring myself to purchase the games from the place that was selling Skelton + and such. Bummer. Wanted to pay for the DVD of the CGE while I was there. Couldn't. Bummer.

On the bright side, I did pick up the retroradio DVD. Once Apon Atari. Had a great conversation with Howard Scott Warshaw. Laughed when David Crane and two of the other Activision guys walked up to one of the boothes and the person talking to them had ZERO clue. Enjoyed the Museum. Watched Shane Monroe interview someone. Never got a chance to say "hola" to him. Enjoyed seeing the xgamestation. picked up some other stuff.

I didn't want to be a total dork and bring my digital camera, little did I know that I would have been in some good company. Especially in the museum.

I come back and decide to search these forums to find out why AA wasn't around. I read that there is a "rift" between some people. Instead of trolling the forums and search out why, I figured I'd just plain ask all the staff at Atari Age: Any chance of being there next year? Whatever happened between all of you, please toss it aside. I would love to see you there. Settle the differences.

Steve

Why are some of you so surprised to have gone to CGE and not have seen AtariAge there? The list of exhibitors was available at the CGE site---I just don't see how you could have assumed they would be there. I'm not going to go to an Auto Show and expect my favorite auto manufacturers to be there, then be confused and perplexed as to why they aren't there if some don't show up. I'm going to go to the Auto Show's site and look up who exactly is attending. :?

Regarding DP showing up at PC, what are the possibilities of that happening?

Quite good if they want to make it happen. Philly is not that far away from where they reside. They used to come. Then they were MIA this year. I would like to see them there this year. So we can all GAME ON together.

They should come, there are plenty of people who support both sites and support the UNITED cause of classic gaming.

Quite good if they want to make it happen. Philly is not that far away from where they reside. They used to come. Then they were MIA this year. I would like to see them there this year. So we can all GAME ON together.

They should come, there are plenty of people who support both sites and support the UNITED cause of classic gaming.

We've only missed one year! We were one of the few exhibitors who had a table on that very first year (which was actually one of my favorite gatherings ever). Last year we were touring the bay area during PhillyClassic but are planning on being there in full force again this year. How could we miss it? It's practically in our backyard :)

See ya there.

Room would have been made, I'm certain of that!

Hopefully the AA team will return in full force to the Burlingame 05 CGE. San Jose is pretty sterile and the Hyatt should offer a much better venue for everyone, especially interactions before and after the show.

One of my fondest memories of CGE was the big get together in the AA hotel room a few years ago.

JJ