IGNORED

2600-?s: Who owns Homevision carts

YOK-dfa

Hi,

I was just wondering who here owns Homevision carts and which ones? In my collection i have

Homevision #4 (Peter Penguin). Loose

Homevision #24 (Traffic ?). Loose

There's something strange with these. I have the 'real' #24 which is called Racing Car, and I doubt the 'real' #4 is called Peter Penguin. Whereas 'true' Homevision carts (the ones with the fancy white cases, that come in VHS-style plastic boxes) are extremely rare, these are rather common in Germany. I find it surprising to see that these two always seem to be loose. Perhaps some kind of special or late release or stock dump? Weird thing is that San-D has a Homevision game that doesn not have the fancy white case, but does come in the big plastic box.

As for rarity, I've seen a handful of (boxed) Homevision games in Germany, France and Australia, but the best place to find them appears to be Belgium, the home of the distributor. They appear to be much rarer than most of the regular releases, but because they're PAL it seems like their quality and rarity isn't really appreciated by the big audience.

Quite the mystery Homevision is!

Cheers,

Marco

PS: I have nine boxed Homevision games; there should be some 40 titles in total

there should be some 40 titles in total

How many of those are confirmed to exist?

I really do wish more people would take an interest in finding out more about Homevision. They have quite a few original titles that were never released stateside.

BTW, I have a few homevision carts as well.

I can confirm that the following exist:

#1 - Robot Fight

#4 - Frisco

#5 - Panda Chase

#7 - Tennis

#12 - Sky Alien

#13 - Base Attack

#14 - Wall Break

#17 - Lilly Adventure

#24 - Racing Car

#26 - Topy

#34 - Plate Mania

#36 - Cosmic War

#37 - Teddy Apple

What other titles are confirmed? Looking at the range of confirmed serial numbers, I assume that indeed some 40 games were released.

Cheers,

Marco

I can confirm that the following exist:

#1 - Robot Fight

#4 - Frisco

#5 - Panda Chase

#7   - Tennis

#12 - Sky Alien

#13 - Base Attack

#14 - Wall Break

#17 - Lilly Adventure

#24 - Racing Car

#26 - Topy

#34 - Plate Mania

#36 - Cosmic War

#37 - Teddy Apple

What other titles are confirmed? Looking at the range of confirmed serial numbers, I assume that indeed some 40 games were released.

Cheers,

Marco

Rick has a few listed on his page that you don't. The only one I have that you didn't already list is the Repro Cart.

I wonder if Suntek had anything to do with Homevision. I've come across a few Suntek carts in the past that are Homevision games with the Suntek logo at the bottom of the screen, including an unknown game that popped up on a clone built in system I bought a while back:

post-2394-1093995313_thumb.jpg

i Agree! we do need to keep a list of these!

#1 - Robot Fight

#4 - Frisco

#5 - Panda Chase

#7 - Tennis

#11 - Asteriod Fire

#12 - Sky Alien

#13 - Base Attack

#14 - Wall Break

#17 - Lilly Adventure

#18 - X mission

#23 - parachute

#24 - Racing Car

#26 - Topy

#34 - Plate Mania

#36 - Cosmic War

#37 - Teddy Apple

9 boxed homevision games!!! WOW!!! lucky bastard! :D

Rick 8)

There's something strange with these. I have the 'real' #24 which is called Racing Car, and I doubt the 'real' #4 is called Peter Penguin. Whereas 'true' Homevision carts (the ones with the fancy white cases, that come in VHS-style plastic boxes) are extremely rare, these are rather common in Germany

Yep. The also come in black casings instead of white (see picture). Anyway i just bought a homevision Sky Alien and a Cosmic War (loose unfortunately)... I was also wondering, are they all pirate games or does homevision also have some original titles?

Cheers,

Raymond

post-2952-1094039799_thumb.jpg

Ok, i don't know about the others but this is what i can figure out:

#4 - Frisco is Pengo (?)

#17 - Lilly Adventure is Lilly Adventure

#34 - Plate Mania is Tanzende Teller (or dancing plates)

Seems to me that all these games exist in many forms and shapes. I assume that Homevision did not create them.

Seems to me that all these games exist in many forms and shapes. I assume that Homevision did not create them.

Why not? I think Homevision did the best job at these games. Look at the effort they put into the cases and boxes. Compared to that most other stuff looks rather shitty.

It's not to say though that Homevisision programmed these games themselves, perhaps that was the big mother-of-all-pirate-games company Bit Corp?

Cheers,

Marco

Which game is it then? I thought Frisco was the same as Aufruhr Im Zoo which is Pengo ??? BTW on www.gamereset.de they have a Peter Penguin prototype in a Homevision casing. Interesting...

Anyway, here's some more titles:

#02: War 2000

#03: Go Go Home Monster

#06: Ski hunt

#11: Asteroid fire

#18: X-Mission

#23: Parachute

#??: Col 'N'

#??: IQ 180

#??: Magic Puzzle

#??: World End

(as taken from gamereset.de)

Cheers,

Raymond

Sure the black ones are homevision, but I think Marco ment that to us collectors only the virgin white carts count as the real stuff ;)

On the left is the white cartridge with black background label, on the right is the black cart with white background label. I think san-d is referring to the white cartridge as the real stuff, since it has and end label with the game title. All the black cartridges I have seen do not have an end label...thus the confusion on what the name of cart #4 and #24 is.

post-1335-1094057103_thumb.jpg

Weird thing is that San-D has a Homevision game that doesn not have the fancy white case, but does come in the big plastic box.

Yup its called War Stars!

Yup, I recall that auction, I should have bid higher! What is the number on the box? I have the cartridge, but its label is different from other Homevision games in that it has the game title on the label rather than the "Home Vision" name.

post-1335-1094057539_thumb.jpg

post-1335-1094057540_thumb.jpg

Anyway, here's some more titles:

#02: War 2000

#03: Go Go Home Monster

#06: Ski hunt

#11: Asteroid fire

#18: X-Mission

#23: Parachute

#??: Col 'N'

#??: IQ 180

#??: Magic Puzzle

#??: World End

Are these confirmed, or taken from the back of the box of the Repro Card?

Cheers,

Marco