IGNORED

What 2600 Prototype Hardware Would You Most Like To Own?

Tempest

What 2600 Prototype Hardware Would You Most Like To Own?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What 2600 Prototype Hardware Would You Most Like To Own?

• Atari CX-2000
    • Atari 2700
    • PGP-1
    • Mindlink Controller
    • Keyboard Add-On / Graduate
    • Voice Commander
    • Other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Gotta go with the PGP-1.  I've wanted one ever since I saw Al Backiel's.

It's nifty, but I don't need one thanks to the CC2. I can either drop hacked images on the card, or load them through the serial port. So far, my only hack has been an infinite lives hack for Montezuma's Revenge.

Ditto for the Colecovision, since I have an ICE with 64K of overlay RAM (16x4K blocks), which even lets me override its BIOS ROM.

there is a certain look of the 2700 system that i like. kinda a morph of a 5200 into something that is overally huge. thats my vote for the one proto i want. yet i have a strange fondness to the atari 1450 XLDthat never got released

Well the 5200 is a morph of the 2700....

Actually the 2700 case came first, then the 3200 was desgned and the 5200 came out. The 2800 case would then become the 7800.

The "wedge" truly is a symbol of the Atari line of consoles... even the Atari 2100 (the 2600jr) took the old 2600 look and turned it into the wedge look too.

Curt

there are so many i've never actually seen for sale in the marketplace. like the game brain or the kee games atari or the color vectrex. i would imagine each of these would be much more expensive than the atari 2700 yet i don't think i'd trade away my 2700 for any one of them unless i knew i could somehow find another. its just a very cool system.

how about the original brown box ody 1?

well i think i'd have to give up the atari 2700 then.

adam

I think you'd have to kill the caretaker / owner - he's a very dedicated man

you mean the guard(s) at the smithsonian?

i'd need to put together one heck of a team to pull that one off and then we would have to share it anyway. better just leave it where it is at so all can enjoy.

there is a certain look of the 2700 system that i like. kinda a morph of a 5200 into something that is overally huge. thats my vote for the one proto i want. yet i have a strange fondness to the atari 1450 XLDthat never got released

Well the 5200 is a morph of the 2700....

Actually the 2700 case came first, then the 3200 was desgned and the 5200 came out. The 2800 case would then become the 7800.

The "wedge" truly is a symbol of the Atari line of consoles... even the Atari 2100 (the 2600jr) took the old 2600 look and turned it into the wedge look too.

Curt

but if i remember correctly wasnt the chip for the atari 3200 had a chip called the 3600, strange. would have there been an atari 3600?

• 2 weeks later...

A My First Computer/Graduate keyboard add-on. I was suckered by the hype in Atari Age magazine when I was a kid, and was desperate for a computer of my own. What is odd is that I had experience and access to a slew of actual computers of the day (TI-99/4a, Apple II, TRS-80 Coco, VIC-20), yet I wanted a MFC. Ended up getting the Atari 600xl, and was always disappointed that I never got the MFC.

The computer add-ons announced by Entex (Piggyback) or Unitronics (The Expander) would have been pretty keen, too.