IGNORED

average atari 2600 collector age ?

israelg

15, I'll be 16 in january.

I grew up with a genesis, not knowing that we had an NES stashed away in the closet. The genesis was the only system I knew at the time. I remeber fantasizing about working for sega and wanting to write games for the system.

It wasn't until my brother's birthday that we got a SNES. I don't know how old I was but I remeber hearing about the NES being redesigned at that time.

I love old technology, not just games, but other sorts of electronics too!

I was suprised to see other people around my age here, I thought I was the youngest here!

32 - basically the median age it seems. I lived the 1980s from second grade until I graduated high school. We were the "mighty class of 1990".

Sorry, you didn't graduate in the 1980s, so you must be violated with a classic Atari joystick or shot with a crossbow between the eyes. Your choice. I graduated in 1984. That's when the government sucked out my brain and replaced it with Jello. Amazingly, there was no change. Same brain wave patterns and everything.

RT, how come you're six years older than me but graduated high school only four years before I did?

I started 1st grade when I was 6 and took 8th grade twice (two different schools) because I missed too many days the first time around. Maybe that explains it?