IGNORED

average atari 2600 collector age ?

israelg

Age topics should be banned, because I'll be turning 30 in less than 5 months and am not best pleased about it!

Damn, you're old!

EEK2.GIF

That doesnt make me feel any better RT!!!

..but looking at your profile photo and seeing that when I was 4, you were in your teenage years makes me feel a whole lot better!!! :P:)

• 2 years later...

I'll be 22 next month. I'm not sure I'm a collector, though. I've got 72 Atari carts, but I won't really rebuy games on the Atari and Activision Anthology. I'd probably have a good 150 if those PS2 discs never existed.

You know, I guess, 72 carts is really a lot of games. It just seems small compared to people who are totally into Atari and been doing it for a decade or two... or three.

to add this .......i believe the guys in there late 20's and early 30's are the true kids of Atari i remember being the first kid in my area to get one ......wasn't rich or anything but my house was were all the kids swarmed for their first plays on the Atari.....so Atari is big way of reliving my childhood years for sure. My favorite game was Super Breakout and til this day it pretty much still is my favorite game for the 2600. So what if its just a paddle a ball and some blocks and some cheezy sound effects i still love it. :-)

Edited by Atarimania75

21 years old - I'm not a true "Atari age" at all - my whole life is a lie. (I was given the 2600 when my brother switched over to NES in 1988 or so). I hang onto those fuzzy memories - sadly the most vivid memory of when I was 3 or so involving the old Atari was digging on the floor in the massive pile of carts - no actual playing of games. Call me evil but I still love carts more than games themselves (you know you have a bit of it in you too, don't deny it).

Edited by gamme