IGNORED

Philly 6

Osmeroid

i should of stopped at the dupont factory,  but next thing you know, i was in elmer then vineland.    

if you ever goto lancaster,  go into the city,  37 east james street. corner of duke and james  thats the house i lived in from 10 to 14 :)

going into the city kind of defeats the purpose of going to Lancaster County ;)

I was at PC5, that was my first one. I only met Albert, Cassidy, and Jason from Tradengames. Where in the hell were all you other guys? :P I'll definitely be at PC6, although it sucks that we have to wait until October. :sad: I think they should have it in the summer, that way we can all go to Ed Seigler's house for a pool party! :D

I was at PC5, that was my first one. I only met Albert, Cassidy, and Jason from Tradengames. Where in the hell were all you other guys? :

You probably saw me at some point. I was the auctioneer and ran most of the tournaments. I'm the guy with the staff shirt and the red beard. :)

My profile pic is the one Al took at PC5, actually.

Damn Chris, I don't want to wait ten more months to see you again!  Is there a con in the UK? :D

I don't want to wait either. I think having the con in October f'n SUCKS!

Considering that it's right in the middle of football season, it's NOT cool for those of us who follow football. MMF and I are season ticket holding alumni for our college, and I'm sorry, if PC6 is held the weekend of October 22nd, you probably won't see us there. We pay good money to get season tickets, and I'm not going to miss the game that weekend.

The decision to move the show is not being met with a whole lot of enthusiasm. I know part of the reason for the move is to avoid conflict with E^3 and try to attract more developers who otherwise would be focusing their efforts there.

I think a little more notice about the date change would have been nice, especially to people who may have been enquiring about tables and sponsorship. Did ANYONE know about the date change before I said anything? I honestly wonder if maybe I spilled the beans when I shouldn't have about the date, but no one asked me to keep it secret.

It actually makes me MORE likely to go this year, as (a) I have other committments this spring, and (b) it is less likely to be snowing in October. Plus, the ride from Vermont in the middle of autumn is going to positively gorgeous. If you guys haven't even seen New England in Autumn, you might want to come a little further north before/after the con. :)

It actually makes me MORE likely to go this year, as (a) I have other committments this spring, and (b) it is less likely to be snowing in October. Plus, the ride from Vermont in the middle of autumn is going to positively gorgeous. If you guys haven't even seen New England in Autumn, you might want to come a little further north before/after the con. :)

The only thing that bugs me about having the show in October is that it's six months longer until I get to catch up with some good friends who I sadly only get to see once a year.

Other than that, it's no real big deal in my book.

Ha! Thanks guys :D There was CGEUK this year, although I admit that despite my wish to attend I did not make it this year.

I'm uncertain as to whether holding the event in the autumn is a problem, although I've noticed that nearly all of them seem to occur between July to October. Having most (all?) of these shows in a roughly 4 month time slot might prove to be a little too concentrated. Spreading them out allows folks to save much needed cash to buy lots of Atari goodies! 8)

Timing aside, I am still very much looking forward to PC6 :)

Greetings friends and fellow gamers,

I'm sorry I have nor been on line to see what you all have been up to and how everyone is doing and I'm sorry there seems to be some misinformation about why Philly classic 6 has to take place at a different time of year.

The VFCC were not able to give us dates we needed in our usual time slot. Part of the trouble was that we want to expand the show to twice its size yet again and the VFCC could not accommodate us.

As always I am available to answer questions about our plans via e-mail but the simple fact is, I don't have much information about PC6 at this time that I can discuss publicly or even privately. We never like to make announcements without knowing for sure what is going on.

There WILL be a PC6.

It WILL be bigger and better than PC5

We WILL do our best to satisfy everyone's concerns and queries regarding the show but it is simply too early to tell how it will play out.

I hope you all understand and that we continue to have your support even if the time of year is shifted.

Sincerely,

Mark Wolfe

co-organizer - Philly Classic

mark@phillyclassic.com

• 4 weeks later...

Well if I can only attend one show this year with them all being in the same 4-6 week period, I'll hope it's PC. I understand the Valley Forge Convention Center may be right bastards about this, but it's not so much where the show is held as WHEN that matters. Spring's the thing man, spring's the thing.

Spring's the thing man, spring's the thing.

Definitely. Fall's a bad time for a con. Especially October. People have other things to do that time of the year. Outdoor things. A gaming con isn't on their monds at that point, though saving their money for Christmas might be. :ponder:

Definitely.  Fall's a bad time for a con.  Especially October.  People have other things to do that time of the year.  Outdoor things.  A gaming con isn't on their monds at that point, though saving their money for Christmas might be. :ponder:

I'm indifferent as to whether a con should be held in the spring, fall, or summer. I think October is as late as a con should be held, though, as after that people definitely start to get busy with the holidays coming up. I have gotten used to PhillyClassic being in the spring. I tend to think of spring (and especially summer) as the the time to enjoy outdoor activities, but that doesn't seem to affect attendance of shows held during that time.

..Al