IGNORED

AtariAge at OKGE 2004!

Albert

okge2004.gifFor those of you within driving distance to Tulsa, Oklahoma, AtariAge will be present at the upcoming Oklahoma Gaming Expo with an assortment of new homebrew games and demos! The show, taking place September 18th at the Marriott Tulsa Southern Hills, will see the debut of new homebrew games for the Atari 2600, 5200 and ColecoVision, as well as demos of games in development for these same systems. New releases at the show include Seawolf for the Atari 2600, Beef Drop for the 5200, and Reversi for the ColecoVision. For complete details, please visit our AtariAge at OKGE 2004 page. If you're attending the OKGE, stop by our booth for the latest in new homebrew games for your favorite classic systems!

Can't wait to see you guys there!

Do you think you'll have any copies of Protector: SE for sale? I've been putting off buying a BJL (or whatever the name of the cart that lets me play unencrypted disks on my Jag CD) until OKGE. I want to finally play my JaguarCD Extremist Packs!

And are you guys going to have any copies of the Aliens vs. Predator demo for the Lynx? That's another one i'd like to get my mitts on.

Brad Prillwitz will be present with lots of Jag goodness. Brad will represent the AVC/JagFest at the OKGE. But that doesn't mean that more Jaguar stuff can't be brought...we can never have enough love from that cat...

Wait...that sounds bad...

You know what I mean!!!

See you there on Saturday Tim!

8)

Brad Prillwitz will be present with lots of Jag goodness. Brad will represent the AVC/JagFest at the OKGE. But that doesn't mean that more Jaguar stuff can't be brought...we can never have enough love from that cat...

Wait...that sounds bad...

You know what I mean!!!

See you there on Saturday Tim!

8)

I'm hoping that Brad will get the cafepress edition of Final Jagfest issue in time for the show.

I don't what else he is bringing besides his jaguar systems and such.

I'm hoping that Brad will get the cafepress edition of Final Jagfest issue in time for the show.

Dan,

It hasn't arrived yet.

Here's what I'm planning to bring to OKGE:

Space Invaders 25th Anniversary competition:

PS2, SI anniversary game along with the mini-cocktail controller.

http://www.geocities.com/bdprill/invaders.html

:) 8)

And I just got DoDonPachi Daioujou. A great looking 2D vertical scrolling shoot-em-up to stick in the PS2, if the competition ends early.

GameCube w/classic games:

PC Genjin(Bonk's Adventure, from the TurboGrafx-16)

Cubic Lode Runner (3D update)

And, (via the GameBoy player)a multicart with 130 Famicom games, including some hacks like Mario Mappy, and Project Mario Lode Runner.

Vectrex, a multicart, and some recent homebrews.

(Should I bring my Vectorcade joystick?)

LYNX, some multi-player games, and 2 comlynx cables.

Jaguar, JagCD, pro-controller, rapid fire controller, Jamma joystick, Rotary controller, and several games including Painter, Battlesphere, Protector SE, Space War 2000, etc...

8)

And a Neo Geo Pocket Color with a japanese interactive cartoon game that I picked up at CGE this year. Maybe someone at OKGE can figure out how to play it?

:? :D

A few things for sale. Boxed 2600 commons. Boxed Vic 20 commons. 2 Dreamcast imports.

See you there,

Brad

Dan,

It hasn't arrived yet.

Brad

Brad,

you should be getting it tomarrow (according to UPS.com)

I do check the tracking every so often(it happens to be down right now

6:04pm CT)

but Icheck this morning and it has left NM this morning.

(be sure to print out the pdf version as well ( in case the cafepress version

doesn't come in time (and even if it does, it good to have a back up so more people can see it)

reflex_logo.pngAnother game presently in development, Reflex, has been added to the list of games you'll be able to try out in person at our OKGE booth.

Reflex is a new game currently in development for the Atari 2600 by Lee Fastenau. It delivers breakout-style action with progressively difficult levels of play. Unlike other breakout-style games, however, you control two paddles that move around the bricks opposite each other. Reflex offers three modes of play: one-player, competitive two-player, and cooperative two-player.

Planned or implemented features of Reflex include unique board patterns for each level, level selection, paddle "English," NTSC/PAL50/PAL60 support (separate SECAM version available), convenient video mode select during power-on, joystick and driving controller support, and difficulty switch support for upping the challenge.

AtariAge at OKGE 2004

..Al

I never knew that they made Bonk for the GC, but if anybody wants to play the original one, be sure to see the TG16 that I'll have set up for play! Too bad I can't find where I packed away that friggin' TG16 multitap...

What games did you want to play? I have a multitap and I could bring it along. :D That is, if I'm not too busy working at the AA both as Albert's slave to earn a few free games. :D

fadeout_logo.pngAnother work-in-progress Atari 2600 game has been added to the lineup of demos you'll be able to enjoy at OKGE: Fade Out by Christopher Tumber and Adam Tierney:

Fade Out is an original game being developed by Christopher Tumber (Space Instigators) and GBA artist Adam Tierney. You play one of two assassins, hunting each other down in an abandoned factory. What makes gameplay unique is that the factory is alive with moving platforms, and the assassins are the same two colors as their background. Because of this, players are free to move about each level in the 'shadows', hidden from their enemy. Options include difficulty settings, color selection and handicaps in player speed, energy and weapon strength. The game is currently 2-player only, although single-player options are planned.

AtariAge at OKGE 2004

..Al

cavernrescue_logo.pngHere's another addition to the games in development that we'll have available for play at OKGE: Cavern Rescue, a new ColecoVision game being developed by Scott Huggins:

You must rescue your men from the caverns of the alien planet! You command a powerful ship with limited fuel traveling through caverns and must fight aliens foes and rescue each crew member from the five caverns of the alien planet.  After you rescue each crew member, you must then return back to the mother ship before time runs out! Can you navigate all five caverns and be a hero?  Good luck!

Cavern Rescue is Scott Huggins' first homebrew game for the ColecoVision. In addition to Cavern Rescue, Scott is also developing a version of the popular arcade game Phoenix for the ColecoVision. The Oklahoma Gaming Expo marks the first public appearance of Cavern Rescue.

Bloody 'ell I'd rather have the work in progress cart. Why? It's a prototype, with a unique one-off label. The others have the same artwork the finished versions will, except they're not finished! :D

*sneaks away from the AA table with the Homestar Runner cart*

Ah-HA!  Strong Bad strikes again!