IGNORED

Post your homebrew Vectrex game reviews here!

Jess Ragan

The new Vectrex game looks pretty cool, but I don't know how well it will play. Pretty graphics aside, the game just seems too generic and laid back to be much fun. I guess I shouldn't complain, though... it's not like they're releasing a new Vectrex game every day!

JR

They fake it.  Remember Y*A*S*I?  Cleverly placed horizontal lines were set on the screen to imitate a bitmapped screen.  The effect wasn't entirely flawless- there was some flicker, along with blurring when the last invader sped toward the screen- but it still resulted in the most accurate translation of Space Invaders available on the Vectrex.

JR

961887[/snapback]

I did not played Y*A*S*I (yet). I have Vectrex for very short time. But I like it much! I love its vector display, so I am not sure I will like this "bitmap" games. But it sounds interesting how the bitmap effect is done. I'will certainly try Y*A*S*I

The new Vectrex game looks pretty cool, but I don't know how well it will play.  Pretty graphics aside, the game just seems too generic and laid back to be much fun.

961912[/snapback]

Yeah, if it actually IS fun and intense, the guy could have come up with a better demo video: it looks like the enemies come down the screen only one at a time, yet with two of them, he shoots and misses! And you can hardly hear the sound effects either...ok, so he probably doesn't have decent enough equipment to get a clearer-looking demo with sound on the net, but he could have made it at least LOOK more exciting (unless the game *is* as boring as it looks :P).

I guess I shouldn't complain, though... it's not like they're releasing a new Vectrex game every day!

961912[/snapback]

Yeah, I mean, it's been a good year for the Vectrex, there's been three new games this year alone as it is!

The new trailer for Debris is posted at http://www.vectrexnews.com/.

//edit//

I just watched the video. While the graphics are nice enough, it doesn't seem to have a lot going on in the game... yet.

The music is for the trailer is an odd choice; I'd have liked more to hear the Vecvox and other sound effects in action. Of course, the game is not yet complete, so only time will tell.

Edited by mojofltr