IGNORED

BCPRS'1 1000TH POST CONTEST - WIN EWOK'S ADVENTURE.

bcprs1

Once again it is time for another contest. As started in the header, the winner will get a copy of the limited release NECG (New England Classic Gaming) Ewok's Adventure cart.

This contest will be an Atari 2600 King of the Ring tournament. Each contestant will fight it out in a single elimination tournament until a final KING OF THE RING is determined.

1. To enter the contest, you must reply to this message within one week of today. On Friday September, 24 at midnight EST, I will not accept anymore entries. In your entry, please pick a number from 1 to 100. I am limiting this contest to 64 contestant because this is going to be very time consuming for me. The 64 contestants will be whoever comes closest to the winning number.

2. Once all contestants have been picked, I will let each one of you pick 1 of 64 pre-determined characters from 2600 games and you will be placed in a tournament tree like the NCAA final four. Whoever comes closest to the winning number will determine who gets their first choice of characters. I will be creating a webpage for this that will contain all the characters and matchups.

3. Once I finish the tournament tree, I will send out private messages to all contestants that the tournament has started. At that time, each contestant will have one week to send me a private message with their moves for the fight (see below).

4. How will we fight?

Each contestant will have 3 moves they can use. They can either punch, block or do nothing. In each match, you can only use 4 (P) punches, 3 (B) blocks and 3 (N) nothings. The match lasts a maximum of 10 rounds.

I will send you a PM through Atariage and you will have to reply with your 10 moves in the order you want to use them.

For example:

1. P

2. B

3. P

4. N

5. P

6. B

7. P

8. N

9. B

10. N

At the start of each match, each contestant will have 3 points. You gain and lose points as follows:

a. For every punch that is not blocked (this includes if both contestants punch at the same time), you lose 1 point

b. For each punch that is blocked by the other contestant, the contestant who punched loses a point, the contestant who blocked gains a point.

c. Every other outcomes result in no points changing hands.

d. If one contestant hits 0 points before the 10 rounds, the contestant is out.

e. At the end of the 10 rounds, the contestant with the most points wins the match. In the case of a tie, the winner will be whoever got the first advantage in points.

For example:

1 P B 2-4

2 B P 3-3

3 N B 3-3

4 P N 3-2

5 B P 4-1

6 N B 4-1

7 P P 3-0 - contestant 1 wins

8 B N

9 N P

10 P N

As an added bonus, for every win you get, you win a special power up for the next round. This will replace one of your punches. The power up (POW) is worth 2 point if landed. Be careful though, if the power up is blocked, you will lose 2 points and the other contestant will gain 2 points.

MOST IMPORTANT RULE - PLEASE NO BITCHING AND MOANING. If you don't like the contest, please don't enter.

LET THE FIGHTING BEGIN!!!!!

For example:  

1   P  B  2-4  

2   B  P  3-3  

3   N  B  3-3  

4   P  N  3-2  

5   B  P  4-1  

6   N  B  4-1  

7   P  P  3-0 - contestant 1 wins

8   B  N  

9   N  P  

10  P  N

If I understand your scoring system correctly, shouldn't the 4th line result in 4-2 since player 1 scored a punch? In this example, the end result would be the same but that point could have been important.

That would change the picture to:

1 P B 2-4

2 B P 3-3

3 N B 3-3

4 P N 4-2

5 B P 5-1

6 N B 5-1

7 P P 4-0 - contestant 1 wins

8 B N

9 N P

10 P N

For example:  

1   P  B  2-4  

2   B  P  3-3  

3   N  B  3-3  

4   P  N  3-2  

5   B  P  4-1  

6   N  B  4-1  

7   P  P  3-0 - contestant 1 wins

8   B  N  

9   N  P  

10  P  N

If I understand your scoring system correctly, shouldn't the 4th line result in 4-2 since player 1 scored a punch? In this example, the end result would be the same but that point could have been important.

That would change the picture to:

1 P B 2-4

2 B P 3-3

3 N B 3-3

4 P N 4-2

5 B P 5-1

6 N B 5-1

7 P P 4-0 - contestant 1 wins

8 B N

9 N P

10 P N

No, you only gain a point if you block a punch. If you land a punch, the other contestant loses a point.

Too confusing. As much as I would like an Ewok Adventure (love one actually) the whole thing is so complicated, I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to do. People are posting numbers, but I'm not sure why.

Anyway, good luck with your contest, I hope it goes well, and congratulations to the lucky dog who snags that Ewok Adventure! :)