IGNORED

3 Most Rare

darkannihilation

This really is not going to be possible to answer if the question is about 2600 carts world wide. I myself have seen an air raid and many other strange carts but never purchased them. I mean one of the rarest carts for me at the moment is ET. If we are to answer from different parts of the globe and pal or ntsc format then my top 3 rarest which have been proven to be pal are.

1. pengo

2. Roc N Rope

3. ?????, i really dont know

If we are to answer from different parts of the globe and pal or ntsc format then my top 3 rarest which have been proven to be pal are.

1. pengo

2. Roc N Rope

1.) Fair enough.

3.) I'd be inclined to say Steeple Chase or something. Can't remember the last time I saw one of them!

2.) Where did you get that from? They're about rarity 4 I'd say.

Maybe they're just much scarcer in Oz but on ebay.co.uk it's not rare at all - at least it wasn't!

Is it well documented that there were only 125 of these made?

http://www.digitpress.com/archives/arc00084.htm

Cool! Thanks CPUWIZ!

Any idea how many boxed ones are in the hands of collectors? I know there were three boxed ones that were found in a thrift store in about '94...

To be honest, I don't even know who this one belongs to. :?

cokewins.jpg

If we are to answer from different parts of the globe and pal or ntsc format then my top 3 rarest which have been proven to be pal are.

1. pengo

2. Roc N Rope

1.) Fair enough.

3.) I'd be inclined to say Steeple Chase or something. Can't remember the last time I saw one of them!

2.) Where did you get that from? They're about rarity 4 I'd say.

Maybe they're just much scarcer in Oz but on ebay.co.uk it's not rare at all - at least it wasn't!

The roc'n'rope picture here i believe to be the uk cbs version, I have never seen this here in oz, even when the 2600 was king. So you can get mouse trap and the other cbs commons but no roc'n'rope. Steeple chase is definately up there, never seen this before. I feel an urge to go the the states for a thrifting spree from west to east! Even if i only get spyhunter i'd be happy. Cause i know that aussie eally is a common cart in the us

According to the Commavid guys, who sold their stuff to Joe and Co.(DP), there were only 20 copies of Video Life ever made.  All of them were assembled by hand, by one fella.

I don't know how true this is. After all, why would they print boxes for such a small quantity. And the game did appear on sales lists for G.A.M.E.S., a videogame store in California. Finally, the game was offered for sale from Video Takeout, another California videogame store, which is where I bought mine from. The game was offered for sale thorugh their newsletter and there was no mention of quantities being limited.

In a letter from CommaVid that I have they say that they intended to produce a combined total of 1200 Magicards and Video Lifes, after their initial run of 500 Magicards. Of course, that doesn't say much about what they actually produced and sold.

Cheers,

Marco

Atlantis II

Gauntlet w/ a label

Video Life

There are the rarest 3... Fewer than 50 for each.

If you're anal about it having to have a release then here are the 3 rarest:

Gauntlet w/ a label

Video Life

Karate (Ultravision)

Air Raid shouldn't be cecognized as an official US release since there is no evidence of Menavision ever even existing.

Is it well documented that there were only 125 of these made?

http://www.digitpress.com/archives/arc00084.htm

Cool! Thanks CPUWIZ!

Any idea how many boxed ones are in the hands of collectors? I know there were three boxed ones that were found in a thrift store in about '94...

To be honest, I don't even know who this one belongs to. :?

That one's mine. :D

It's one of the three found in '94.

• 3 weeks later...

Based on how many have been reported over in the rarity forum, as of now, here are the top ten:

mangia          1 

motorodeo       3  

karate          4  

gauntlet        5  

air raid        6 

asterix         7  

bmx airmaster   7  

pepsi invaders  7  

atlantis II     8  

eli's ladder    8

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15567

I'm not saying these are the most rare, just that this is the data that people have reported. Interpret it however you like.

Mangia, Motorodeo, Asterix, and BMX represent NTSC versions. Carts that nobody on AA owns are not listed here (such as monogrammed Space Chase and Birthday Mania and Swordquest competition carts). Prototypes, hacks, homebrews, reproductions, etc. are also not listed. Label variations are not listed (i.e. Sears picture label Superman, white label Magicard, Chinese Condor Attack ;) ). Special packaging items are not listed (PRO-700 Atari Game Library PAK). Mixed hardware/cartridge items not included (Imagic selector, PGP-1)...

What's your favorite really rare item also not usually considered when someone asks what is one of the most rare games?

[/code]

The Rarest PAL Game I know is this 8in1 one, which I own. I know only 1 from them. :D

Ok, looks selfmade, but I have buy it from eBay a long time ago. So I know nothing about it, or who have make it. But the switch is interesting. You must spin the switch to choose one from 8 games.

post-15-1097735086_thumb.jpg

And I've got a 7800 proto that nobody else has. Of a game that I'm still writing. (Which I will eventually get to a point where it is sufficiently complete to release a demo version.) I even made an EPROM board for it. Oh yeah, and then there's my 99% complete "2600 Red/Blue Box" cart.

/knows he means released games