IGNORED

7800 NTSC Sentinels Available

Albert

/news/7800Sentinel/index.html

Tizoc has modified original (brand new) PAL 7800 Sentinel cartridges so they can be played on NTSC televisions. Sentinel was only released by Atari in Europe, so until now there has been no way to play it on NTSC Atari 7800 consoles. Tizoc carefully removed the cartridge labels, replaced the masked ROMs with EPROMs and then put the cartridges back together. Included with this package are the original instructions, original box, labels, and a new set of 7800 style instructions. The price is $36 and if you're interested you can drop Tizoc a line. More information, including pictures, can be found here.

A BIG thanks to mitch for the details on how to do this. I have sold out of the boxed Sentinels, Sorry. They are pretty tough to find.

If you are in NTSC land and would like to modify your PAL Sentinel, I'll happy to do that for you.

Otherwise, I hear Classic Games Enthusiasts Expo. on March 16th will have some NTSC Sentinels. If you can't make it and you really want to play 7800 Sentinel, I may be able to make up one for you. Just a plain labless cart (like Hozer).

[ 02-23-2002: Message edited by: Tizoc ]

Otherwise, I hear Classic Games Enthusiasts Expo. on March 16th will have some NTSC Sentinels. If you can't make it and you really want to play 7800 Sentinel, I may be able to make up one for you. Just a plain labless cart (like Hozer).  

Yes,

The NorhWest Classic Games Enthusiasts Expo will gave them and NTSC Klax. They won't have boxes, but they will have authentic label reproductions.

If you can come, you can pick up X3V0LuX as well ;- )

Check http://NWCGe.org for details.

Hope to see you their,

-Lee

How is this version different from the NTSC 2600 version? That's what I've been playing on my 7800... isn't there a Klax for the 2600 as well?

Kung-Fu Master has a different version on each system and the graphics of that game on the 7800 may be better but the gameplay is pretty comparable. If that's the same deal as these games, I don't see the interest in owning them, unless you're a collector.

Is this game any fun? I heard the 2600 version stunk.

I thought the 2600 version was pretty good. It's the Atari light gun that stunk.

If you are going to play Atari light gun games do yourself a favor and get a Best light gun or mod a Sega gun.

Oh, and the 7800 version is even better than the 2600 version.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: Mitch ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lee Krueger:

Yes,

The NorhWest Classic Games Enthusiasts Expo will have them and NTSC Klax. They won't have boxes, but they will have authentic label reproductions.

Lee,

Who is leading the Klax production effort?

Thanks,

-John K. Harvey