IGNORED

New England Classic Gaming Oct.3

christianscott27

The summer has flown by, hope you made lots of great finds out there in yard sale land! if you did bring the doubles over, if you didnt come over and get other people's doubles. no yard sale, flea market or thrift store can match the retro-gaming goodness of our meets, its good to be a new englander!

in addition to an unmatched selection of games we've got gaming contests and rare items to check out. our gaming theme this time around is "lets get phsyical", which means dance mats, snowboard controllers and other active items. fun for you and photo ops for us, it'll be something different.

as for the other details-

*anybody can attend, all you have to do is show up, its free and friendly

*it doesnt matter if you have 1000 games or 10, theres something for every gamer and its often a steal of a deal

*its in boston, the capital of NE of course but dont let that scare you, this is suburban boston and yes there is free parking.

*we trade, we buy, we sell. anythings fair game so if you have old computer stuff to trade thats cool too, DVDs, cash also works. you'll be dealing with people like yourself, other gaming geeks not for profit dealers. we also offer a testing station for consoles.

*to know what goes on at our meets in detail just visit our website (see sig) and check out the coverage of past meets. in a nutshell its 20 or gamers, 1 dog, a little bit of beer, an amazing gameroom, dozens of boxes of trade bait, friendly people.

the last and key details-

location for your mapquesting needs-

19 Anson Street

Jamaica Plain MA 02130

time-

sunday nov 3rd

from 2pm til 8pm roughly, seems to peak around 5:00pm

special guest-

the return of NECG founder Joe Grand, in addition to being a charter member joe is also a modern atari legend. read all about his projects here

http://pixelspast.com/

any additional questions can be answered by responding to this thread or PMing me.

Sweet! I'm a little lost though... is it this Sunday, the 3rd? Or in November?

Oh jeez you're right....Christian's blurb (and the one I copied to the site, now fixed) had the date wrong! It's this Sunday.

Also, where is it held? A church? Someone's backyard?

Inside Christian's apartment. A little cramped when the trading gets rocking, but that's part of the charm. Plus he was one of THE most kick ass collection rooms I've EVER seen.

lousy lack of edit feature...well actually i screwed it up a bunch of times this run-up, it must that november meet we did last year that has me mixed up. i'd feel really dopey if somebody shows up next month, i'm gonna hide behind the couch until they leave the front step :sad:

yes, now that we have THAT squared away, do show up, enjoy. it aint the biggest spot but i like the crowding in that it forces everybody to particpate and meet the other folks. and dont forget..it only seems crowded cause there are so many boxes of games to traded taking up all the room ;)

well actually i screwed it up a bunch of times this run-up, it must that november meet we did last year that has me mixed up.

:o :D dang man! Talk about living in the past! That meet musta left a big impression on you!

I mean it's really surprising to me....I hardly ever use those "wacky" emoticons..

wheres that pic of you acting out the alien bill kirk?

anyways speaking of contests! we've come up with our "grand" prize, an autographed copy of joe grand's brand new console hacking book from the man himself. other prizes to be figured out, did i hear maraccas?

so here are some of the games lined up for you to look silly playing-

donkey konga

snowboarding - on a life size snowboard controller

samba de amigo

embarassing dance games

eye toy mime fun!

we will post pictures of you looking foolish on our website, thats the price of glory!

Well, I'll be off to take the train to get there soon! Hopefully I'll get there by 3. Have to make a few detours first!

I'm a NES collector; almost 300 games, 1/4 in box, endless boxed accessories, tons of controllers.. etc.

So if you might have something I don't, bring it along! Looking for that wierd rock n roller controller... the one you stand on. lol I'll never get one!!

Also, let me know if I should bother bringing my TG16, SNES, an NES or 2, etc!