IGNORED

trackball 1.2 incl. level editor

Heaven/TQA

dracon... title screen always welcome as retrofan might not be so into g2f tool... but i thought you are busy... ;)

yeah, but I didn't mean myself mainly... ;) Don't forget about this part of the game, though.

so that's why i made colaboration with retro who is really good in this "oldschool" painting... :D

it's OK... Keep in mind there is very similar game on Atari already, it's called "JUMP!" (if I remember correctly). So, you ought to make much better version, with really eye-catching gfx and melodic/dynamic tune! :P

it's OK...   Keep in mind there is very similar game on Atari already, it's called "JUMP!" (if I remember correctly). So, you ought to make much better version, with really eye-catching gfx and melodic/dynamic tune!  :P

There's a couple, Let's Hop and, as Dracon says, Jump! as well as the rather weak Boing and the much nicer, horizontally scrolling Boing 2. The latter is probably the most playable, with Jump! being the most pleasing on the eye. =-)

i remember jump kind of PD game from around 1987... and yeah...since then i wanted to do a remake... ;)

have to check where i can download it... unforutnatly this weekend i was not in the mood to code as i felt not good... but i have some ideas for the game which you haven'T seen often on atari games... ;) so stay tuned...

and boing2... i loved jumps parallax scrolling... i had an expanded XL model where you can switch the 2 internal fonts via dip switch... and so discovered how jump has done the parallax... (for newbies...its of course an illusion... same as with boinxx...)

but what will make boinxx stand out:

- 5-8 different tile sets for the level data (f.e. jump has only 1)

- nice RMT tune...

- enemies + special features (like speed ups, w... oops...no i won't tell you the fresh ideas... ;))

post-528-1097450064_thumb.jpg

ok... playerd around with the code last night and rewrote the complete scrolling engine. implemented the boinxx logo, reincluded the ball sprite which now leaves no pixel garbage...

tonight i have more time so i'll reorganise the code as it's now a more kind of tech study wiith a bunch of routines throw together...

i'll do this with a potential 5200 version in mind...

this brings me up to the point that i should focus on the NTSC version 1st...

ps. i hope tonight i got not disattracted from star wars battle fron again... anybody an xbox live! account here?

• 3 weeks later...