IGNORED

Which REALLY rare Vectrex items do you own?

dgo

The stand is VERY heavy.  It's made of really thick steel.  It's also the coin box, with a little door at the bottom.

I checked the Vectrex database and there is your Spectrum I+ Stress Tester Unit. Nice! Does it have a cart in the cart slot? Or is the ROM built inside and a cover over the cart slot?

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

I have all released none 3d, none homebrew games boxed and complete + the Minestorm cart. A proto of ArtMaster (called ArtCart). A few lightpens and 2 carrybags.

And I don't collect Vectrex stuff ;)

/frax

I'll gladly help you off any excess stuff then ;)

Have you got more info on the proto? I can't see it on the Vectrex Game Database....

PM me if you have something rare for the 2600 (must be PAL).

Have you got more info on the proto? I can't see it on the Vectrex Game Database....

I belive I dumped it and posted a link to it on rec.games.vectrex a few years ago. It has a hand written label that says "Art Cart". Inside is just an eprom no extra Ram like Artmaster.

And it was quite expensive :D

/frax

That's AnimAction, ...

Your reproduction of the AnimAction cart PCB is sooo cool! Did you base it on my dissection of AnimAction in 2000?

I like my reproduction of AnimAction and that it works! It has the RAM chip soldered on top of the EPROM and the third chip is stacked on the top! Various wires are wire wrapped from leads sticking out of the side. Just 2 days ago I finally hot glued the whole mess together for fear of a broken wire messing things up.

AnimAction, Art Master, Melody Master are the three light pen programs that were released for the Vectrex. Not that exciting to write about. Each is interesting for about 5 minutes and then it is just not worth fooling with.

Two other programs were made for use with the light pen. One called Engine Analyzer has been dumped and released on the internet years ago. Another called Mail Plane has been dumped but not yet released for others to use.

Check out my Vectrex light pen FAQ at

http://www.playvectrex.com/

PM me if you have something rare for the 2600 (must be PAL).

I belive I dumped it and posted a link to it on rec.games.vectrex a few years ago. It has a hand written label that says "Art Cart". Inside is just an eprom no extra Ram like Artmaster.

And it was quite expensive :D

/frax

pm sent

Perhaps this "Art Cart" is a reproduction?

Yep - sure did  :)   You did a great job

One of these days, Mark is going to start making them. He's just waiting for the demand to be high enough - it never was a popular game

I had fun doing that dissection! I remember sunny mornings tracing out the connections while sitting at a picnic table in the back yard. I did it over three mornings .. checking and double checking each connection .. some of which were under chips. I did photocopy both sides of the PCB board. Then I drew in all the hidden tracings. In retrospect I wish I had X-Rayed it!

As far as functionality and ease of use, the program is more like punishment!

Mark Shaker manufactures games for the Vectrex community. Check out his website: www.vectrexcarts.com

I have three generic cases designed for the original Apple Macintosh. They are well padded and just the right size.

That's funny. It's the same thing I use and I thought I was being original :D

Naah! Vectrex users have used MacIntosh cases for years! They even show up for the Vectrex on eBay occasionally. I've never paid more than $6 for one at a thrift store.

The size is just right.

That reminds me that somewhere, I have the Japanese instructions to five Intellivision games. Unfortunately, the only other difference in the Japanese version was four diagonal slits in the back of an otherwise normal box to slide the instructions into, allowing the instructions to double as a translated cover.