IGNORED

Who wants to help build the elusive PAL rarity list then?

Spirantho

Yok, which two games were pirated for Galaxy Defender and Space Marshall???

Actually i don't know which game is Space Marshall. I tried them quickly last time i was in The Netherlands to see if they work (the games are in storage there. Long story :) ) but i didn't recognise the game immediately. I'll check next time i'm there, but that may take a while.

I might have a scan of the label somewhere, i'll check...

uploaded some ( ;) ) Quelle, RainbowVision, Video Game Cart and a few others. i also added a second Activison picture label Freeway.

Excellent.

I've changed all your Pirate/"Video Game Cartridge" ones to Pirate/"Video Game" as they don't say "cartridge" on them - in fact they look like Rainbowvision games but with SP-xxx instead of SS-xx numbers.

I'll check the Quelle ones and everything you've put in too to make sure they're categorized correctly. That's not to say that you've put them in wrongly, it's just that as there's no universal categorization available, obviously different people will describe them differently.

Nice work on the photos - keep it coming, fellas! :)

yes, there is still a mess in the Quelle directory. i just checked some boxed pirates i have ("Quelle" and "Made in Taiwan") - i suggest to create a Pirate / Taiwan for games like Popeye, Mr. T,... as they have NO indication of Quelle (no number, no price tag BUT the text "Made in Taiwan" on the back of the box) AND they have their name in BOLD letters as the Quelle ones have the names in SansSerif. I have NOT ONE game with a Quelle box which has BOLD letters - so all english named pirates were surely NOT released in Quelle stores!!!!!!!!!!

for example: Air Wolf, Cobra 104, Black Hole, Hot Wave, King Arthur are NOT from Quelle

no, the german spelled sans serif ones were indeed sold in Quelle stores - the bold letter made in taiwan not. so, Quelle / Short is wrong as all carts in there are NOT Quelle ones :)

i suggest

Pirates / Quelle

- Pirates / Quelle / Short

+ Pirates / Taiwan Cooper

and all wrong carts from Quelle wander to the Taiwan Cooper.

no, the german spelled sans serif ones were indeed sold in Quelle stores - the bold letter made in taiwan not. so, Quelle / Short is wrong as all carts in there are NOT Quelle ones  :)  

i suggest

Pirates / Quelle

- Pirates / Quelle / Short

+ Pirates / Taiwan Cooper

and all wrong carts from Quelle wander to the Taiwan Cooper.

I still think we should get rid of "Quelle" entirely though... I know they were sold in Quelle stores, but were they only sold in Quelle stores?

I suggest:

Pirate / Quelle -> Pirate/Taiwan Cooper

Pirate / Quelle Short -> Pirate/Taiwan Cooper Short

Pirate / Sanserif Text remains the same as it's descriptive enough.

the boxes even have a legit Quelle order number printed on them so in my opinion it would be unwise to rename it. :ponder:

The boxes do, yes... but then the Zellers boxes have Zellers labels on them, yet we know that they were sold in other stores too.

I still think that Quelle were the stockists, not the publishers.

What does anyone else think? If the consensus is that they shall herafter be called "Quelle" carts then they shall.

Interesting that my manuals don't have Quelle written on them - even though they were from Quelle.
can you give me a few names, please?

Oops, no.. my bad - I was thinking of my other (Taiwan Cooper) carts. My Quelle instructions does indeed have Quelle written on it - sorry. I had noticed the Quelle guarantee card before though!