IGNORED

Who wants to help build the elusive PAL rarity list then?

Spirantho

OK, I'll put them down as Quelle until we find any evidence to the contrary.

If we list non-first/third-party-produced-games-sold-by-Sears with a Sears label/box/manual as "Sears", I guess it's only fair to list Quelle as Quelle (and Zellers as Zellers, and Marpes as Marpes: they're all retail chains that sold games under their own label :)

Cheers,

Marco

Nope. We are still working on it and probably will be for a long time to come. But if you want to know the rarity of a game you can always discuss it here :)

Yeah, then we can argue about it for the next 3 pages. :)

For instance, no-one has added Blackjack! Does Blackjack exist PAL text label? Do none of us have it? I think it exists Picture label, and I was sure it was text label too, but then why isn't it in the database? Surely it must exist (doesn't it??) but maybe it's scarcer than we think...

Discuss.

:)

[speaking for me i only added games i own so far. I never came across a PAL-version either but haven`t been looking so hard cause i won a complete NTSC one.

Exactly the same here. To be honest I never really thought about it, as I have an NTSC one. I suspect that's the case with most of us - and that's what the list is there to highlight, after all!

i added all my activision pics yesterday and will begin uploading the first atari ones today. how`s the rest of the gang doing? ;)

i also saw the adding of ccc--- to the contributors list which is fine as he also has great expertise in the field of PAL atari.

@Spirantho

man, you make me nervous with your hidden online status :x ;)

@Marco

thanks for your input on "The Quelle situation" as it would `ve been titled in Pulp Fiction. I really look forward in meeting you and Roloff again in just 2 days. Maybe we have the time to talk things about the rarity list :)

Spirantho and the rest of the gang wouldn`t have anything against it if you and Roloff would help us amateurs out ;)

The more expertise we have the better - and I suspect that Marco is the most expertised of any of us.... heck, anyone with a complete boxed Video Gems collection has to be some kind of Deity. :)

@Marco: What do you know of Homevision carts - which ones do you have? I'm intrigued by them as they seem very much of an enigma...

I think I have uploaded pics of all the rare stuff I have so you guys will be alright by yourselves I guess. I'm currently unemployed and my collection is not growing at the moment for obvious reasons. I have also noticed that some scanned pics (without the end label!) have overwritten the ones I took a LONG time making with my camera, so I'm sort of out of the project. If you guys need a certain pic or info, give me a holler and I'll get it.

I have also noticed that some scanned pics (without the end label!) have overwritten the ones I took a LONG time making with my camera, so I'm sort of out of the project. If you guys need a certain pic or info, give me a holler and I'll get it.

Hmm... OK, will do. I've been sure to only upload pics if the previous pic is non-existant... hopefully we're all doing the same.

The more expertise we have the better - and I suspect that Marco is the most expertised of any of us.... heck, anyone with a complete boxed Video Gems collection has to be some kind of Deity.

Hehehe... I'd love to help you guys out, but I know how time consuming this is. Roloff and I put soooooo many hours into the PAL 2600 section of the DPG. It has always been big fun, but other things in life appear to have taken over. Sandy and I have also had plans for a cool PAL list (not a rarity list though), but that too hasn't really materialized because of time and other practical constraints.

But who knows, perhaps a good chat at EuroCon will get us on board ;)

@Marco: What do you know of Homevision carts - which ones do you have? I'm intrigued by them as they seem very much of an enigma...

Homevision is quite the mystery indeed. Games have been found in Belgium, Holland, Australia, Germany (mainly the 'fake' black case versions) and France, AFAIK. I have the following titles in my collection:

Base Attack

Cosmic War

Frisco

Lilly Adventure

Plate Mania

Repro Cart

Robot Fight

Sky Alien

Teddy Apple

Topy

Wall Break

Racing Car

Cheers,

Marco

Hehehe... I'd love to help you guys out, but I know how time consuming this is. Roloff and I put soooooo many hours into the PAL 2600 section of the DPG. It has always been big fun, but other things in life appear to have taken over. Sandy and I have also had plans for a cool PAL list (not a rarity list though), but that too hasn't really materialized because of time and other practical constraints.  

Thanks for the details on Homevision carts... that still leaves a load unaccounted for though! I myself have 4 - Wall Break is on the way to accompany (Fresco/Frisco/Peter Penguin), Car Race and Robot Fight.

Every time someone has tried to make a PAL list it seems they've run out of time... which is why I created this initiative. I reckon that between us we can manage, but with just 2 or 3 people on board we'd struggle, there's just sooo much to do.

IMHO, though, it's kind of exciting, as I swear there's PAL stuff that we don't know much about (not least Homevision games!). That and it's a good excuse to spend waaay too much on eBay. :)

@Spirantho

please delete picture of "Sky Diver Atari Black Picture" - the correct one isnt scanned yet (i uploaded the text-label in error)

Can do... but if something like that happens it's usually better to just wait until you can upload the real one (which will overwrite the old one). It's pretty clear it's not really a picture label. :)

BTW - I just Pharaoh's Curse on eBay. My first Technovision cart for €15,50 - Yay me! :)

perhaps a good chat at EuroCon will get us on board  

we`ll do our best

Woohoo, a day to go, looking forward to lots of PAL chat!! I'm bringing lots of nice VCS carts with me for trade too :)

See ya tomorrow! :D

WOO

Cheers,

Marco

Homevision is quite the mystery indeed. Games have been found in Belgium, Holland, Australia, Germany (mainly the 'fake' black case versions) and France, AFAIK. I have the following titles in my collection:

Did you notice that I recently found the 'homevision' string inside Sancho's 'Words'?

Did you notice that I recently found the 'homevision' string inside Sancho's 'Words'?

Yeah, cool stuff! Homevision always looked very professional to me, not your ordinary pirate company. So it may well be that they are at the base of other companies / subcontractors too.

Cheers,

Marco