IGNORED

Any active 3DO forums?

• 3 weeks later...

i havent been into the 3do scene for quite awhile now but the only one i can remeber from back then is FreeDO forums http://www.freedo.org

and 2 others that had the potential to become a good 3DO site went down the crapper fast because of no interest

and 3do newsgroup things out there? thats the only place i never looked

The 3DO is an interesting system I think. I have the FZ-10 (flip up top) and it came with 18 games which some I enjoyed a lot (Slayer, Deathkeep, Wing Commander 3, Twisted even though you feel bad for the actors, the FMV game when you do into people's mind was interesting,and a few other ones. I would like find a good site with screenshots for all their games.

I kinda like 3do for what it is. I binged on it a while back. You should:

1. Search for "3do webring" in Google to find plenty of stale 3do boards which nonetheless have lots-o-info.

2. Buy the "secrets of the 3do games" from Amazon for about a buck each for reviews, strategies, and "behind the scenes" for tons of games.

3. Fire up BitTorrent or IRC and download CDR images to play on the real hardware. Or buy the still-reasonably-priced real things used from Ebay.

www.freedo.org has links to some but non where helpful for help with burning 3DO games. I would like to try some 3DO games since I dont know what games are good or not. Has anyone played the Jurassic Park game for it? It seems all console Jurassic Park games are not like the PC version. I remember I got it in Floppy (3 1/2) and didnt work on my computer or something (this was back like in 93 94) and I remember the screen shots and it looked very cool.

3. Fire up BitTorrent or IRC and download CDR images to play on the real hardware.  Or buy the still-reasonably-priced real things used from Ebay.

I tried that, but I dont know how to burn them(ISO) using Alcohol 120% since some of my games feel wrong.

You need to burn them at no greater than 300K/s (double speed CD) for some reason. Use Padus DiscJuggler or Nero to burn the discs and you should be OK.

3. Fire up BitTorrent or IRC and download CDR images to play on the real hardware.  Or buy the still-reasonably-priced real things used from Ebay.

I tried that, but I dont know how to burn them(ISO) using Alcohol 120% since some of my games feel wrong.

You need to burn them at no greater than 300K/s (double speed CD) for some reason. Use Padus DiscJuggler or Nero to burn the discs and you should be OK.

OK, I will try it using Nero since DiscJuggler never worked for me. Thanks :)