IGNORED

AtariAge First Annual Secret Santa Event

Secret Santa

ss_newslogo2.gifHo

Welcome to AtariAge's first ever Secret Santa Event :)

Every forum member in good standing is welcome to participate. All we ask is that personal and political beliefs not be discussed here. Many members have had some great suggestions and ideas and I have considered them all carefully. With the support and guidance of the moderators I am looking forward to a lot of great times this holiday season!

Here are the rules:

You will all have from now until December 1st to register, just make an official post in this thread then send me a private message with the subject heading of "my wish list" including your real name, address, and 5 items valued at $20 or less you would like to receive. They should be easy to find and can include everything from classic to modern video gaming items, to books, movies and more. Please be very specific such as if it's an older game PAL or NTSC, 'this book by a certain author' or if it's a movie make sure you specify DVD or VHS. The only exception for items on your wish lists would be adult items or anything that may be considered inappropriate or with questionable content. This a Family event open to all ages.

If there should be a problem with any of your choices, I'll let you know.

I will be checking my list twice and on December 2nd will hold a secret raffle to match everyone up with your very own Santa.

Look for a private message titled "Secret Santa" by December 4th including the person's Name, Address information and their Wish list

items. I'll do my best to match people in similar Countries or geographic areas. Also, if you're willing to ship internationally, please let me know when you register, as we have many members living outside the US.

The only rule is that the moderators who are participating can't cheat and look at their own Secret Santa information. They'll then end up with a lump of coal instead if they do. I have ways of finding out. I am Santa after all.

If for some reason you are unable to participate after signing up, post a message in this thread letting everyone know no later then December 5th so that no one will have an empty stocking this year.

After receiving your Secret Santa mission all you have to do is choose one item only from the person's wish list to purchase and surprise them with. If for some reason you can't find any of the 5 items don't worry. You can purchase up to a $20 gift certificate good for anything at the Atari Age store as a last resort.

Please ship your gift as soon as possible and by December 17th via the method of your choice. Remember mail can be very slow during the holidays. For the sender put the name "Secret Santa" and only include your shipping information if you want to. It's important to keep your reciept in case there are any problems, and strongly suggest using delivery confirmation (if using USPS) or a service that offers package tracking. Send me a PM during that time frame with the subject title "mission accomplished" including the person's name, method of shipping, and gift (if you choose). I will then let the recipient know via PM only that "there is a gift on the way" and method of shipment so they can keep their eyes open for it.

After you recieve your gift please post a quick message in the thread letting us know it arrived safely.

The individual Santas will never be revealed by me and kept confidential as the secret part is the most fun.

That's all there is to it!

Hope you will join me in spreading joy and happiness this holiday season because that's what the spirit of giving is all about!

The whole idea behind these kinda things is along with sending something also eagerly awaiting the gift that you will be getting in return. It is supposed to strengthen the community by creating a trust that everyone will uphold their end of the "perverbial bargain"

It is an easy way to regain some of the child like innocense that has long since been removed from the holidays anymore. :D 8)

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves making out their secret "Wish Lists". I am happy to see so many members getting into the spirit of things!

You don't 'have' to include video game related items in your lists or if an item would need to be purchased via an auction site there most likely wouldn't be enough time to have everything shipped in time for the holidays.

Also, if you would be able to ship to our members overseas or those serving in the military, please let me know. We would like to do our best to make everyone's wishes come true.

Don't forget Santa knows who's been Naughty, who has been Nice, and who reads directions. ;)