IGNORED

Haunted Adventure Special Edition Pack Box Design Contest

atwwong

I am sponsoring a contest to design a box for the Atari 2600 Haunted Adventure Special Edition Pack for the Haunted Adventure I and II games. The winning entry will receive a boxed Special Edition Pack adorned with their design. The deadline for the contest will be Sunday, December 19th, 2004 at 11:59 PM PST. The boxes will be produced by Packrat Video Games, along with the game carts and manuals. I am including a template for designing the box, in tiff format.

If you have any questions regarding this contest, please send me a private message. Submissions may be sent to me via e-mail through private messaging and posted here after I receive them. You may also post your work here for viewing.

Design Considerations: (apologies to AtariAge for using their contest label format)

Artwork - This is the most important aspect of the labels. There are no restrictions for the artwork so you are free to create anything your imagination (and artistic skills) can conjure up. Try to complement the existing label designs, but this is not necessary; I will consider all entries.

Text - The following text must appear on the front of the box:

"Haunted Adventure Special Edition Set"

The following text must appear somewhere on the box:

"featuring

Haunted Adventure - Boo!

&

Haunted Adventure II - Redemption"

"CX2613HASE" (the cart set model number)

Clearly Legible Text - All text on the box design must be clearly legible at the size the label will be printed (see TIFF file for actual dimensions). Please keep this important consideration in mind while you are designing your box.

Multiple Submissions - While I will gladly accept multiple submissions, I ask that each label be unique from your any previous submissions in some significant fashion. I reserve the right to reject labels that differ only in color or some other minor attribute from previous entries. I will gladly replace previous submissions with new entries if you so request.

Use of Copyrighted Images - If you use any copyrighted images, you must seek permission from the copyright holder before using that image as part of your box design. Likewise, any box designs that use artwork from a previously submitted box design will be rejected.

Permission to Reprint - By submitting an entry (or entries) to this contest, you agree to allow Packrat Video Games and/or Tony Wong to reproduce your submission(s) without your having to grant permission or receiving compensation for the right to do so.

Box designs should be saved in a non-lossy image format such as PNG, TIFF, PCX, or BMP. If you need to save your design using JPEG for some reason, please use a minimal amount of compression. In order for the box to look good when printed, it should be saved at 300dpi or better.

Please take care to make sure your box design is proportioned correctly. Download the box template to assist in this effort.

Here is a link to Atari label and box fonts:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/Atar...l?SystemID=2600

I am partial to the picture label/color box style fonts and artwork... ;) and authenticity/accuracy, but have an open mind, especially to quality work.

Examples of Atari box styles:

http://www.atariage.com/box_styles.html?SystemID=2600

More info for Haunted Adventure Boo!, including the last public binary, can be found here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51265

The object of the game Haunted Adventure - Boo! is to find the skull of old man Graves and return it to the crypt under the cemetery by utilizing various keys and tools to explore the house and avoid the three ghosts.

More info for Haunted Adventure II - Redemption, included the last public binary, can be found here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56445

The sequel to Haunted Adventure has 3 separate stories and objectives for each game. Areas to explore extend to inside, around, and under the mansion. There are objects to be discovered to help you complete your journey, but six deadly creatures will try to hinder you.

Atari 2600 emulators to try the binaries can be found here:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/emulation/ind...p?SystemID=2600

For more info and screenshots, the Haunted Adventure II Redemption Web page is here:

http://members.shaw.ca/shockwave_dmoc/ha2/

Cheers,

Tony :)

post-32-1101463644_thumb.jpg

post-32-1101463645_thumb.jpg

blank.zip

CORRECTION:

"Haunted Adventure Special Edition Set"

should read:

"Haunted Adventure Special Edition Pack"

So, please change "Set" to "Pack"

Using Existing Label Art

Regarding the use of the existing label artwork on the Haunted Adventure Carts, both Rhindle and my wife have agreed that as long as their copyright is noted and respected, they are fine with the artwork's use (Rhindle 2004). Rhindle says that if you'd like other pictures of "Old Man Graves," he can provide more. My wife says that you can use her original artwork scans and title font. Send either Rhindle and/or myself a PM for the photos, artwork, or fonts.

Original Art

I hope this does not discourage the use of your own original art. The box design will be judged according the the attractiveness and quality in the presentation, but you should have fun doing this as well!

Here is the extremely limited edition label (already spoken for ;) ) for the Haunted Adventure II SE cart as requested. Let me know if the resolution is high enough for both labels. It should be if they are being incorporated into a unique art design for the box. :wink:

post-32-1101799920_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...