IGNORED

Website to Catalog Your Game Collection?

dvdguy

What if...

Suppose AA offered this feature? Sorta similar to their own database... we could input the titles we owned, box/manual, label variations, etc. and it could link to thumbnails of the pics already in the existing AA database? That way we could all see each other's collections?

I know that's probably a lot of programming/database work... perhaps maybe a small user fee to enroll? I know I wouldn't mind throwing AA a couple of bucks for a slick looking view of my collection.

What if...

Suppose AA offered this feature?  Sorta similar to their own database... we could input the titles we owned, box/manual, label variations, etc. and it could link to thumbnails of the pics already in the existing AA database?  That way we could all see each other's collections?

I know that's probably a lot of programming/database work... perhaps maybe a small user fee to enroll?  I know I wouldn't mind throwing AA a couple of bucks for a slick looking view of my collection.

It would be nice to offer this feature, but it is a very large undertaking programming-wise, at least if you want to do it well (which I would want to do). I have pages and pages of design notes for implementing such a system. Perhaps someday down the road, but it's not something that will happen very soon.

..Al

I understand putting your likes and dislikes on the Internet in case anyone might care, but what is the purpose of listing what you own if you aren't going to sell them?

Seems like it's inviting theft if they can figure out where you live. "Oh, you have 1,750 DVDs? That must mean you are filthy rich. I'll be over tomorrow after you leave for work."

I understand putting your likes and dislikes on the Internet in case anyone might care, but what is the purpose of listing what you own if you aren't going to sell them?

Seems like it's inviting theft if they can figure out where you live. "Oh, you have 1,750 DVDs? That must mean you are filthy rich. I'll be over tomorrow after you leave for work."

Well I do it so friends and family can borrow what they want, and when I'm away from home I can check the list to see if I own something or not. No one knows me from Adam.