IGNORED

Boing! 2004

neotokeo2001

You bounce the SMILEY FACE around a playfield of 36 STEPS (6 rows of 6). The SMILEY FACE must land on each step and turn it "on", sometimes in a particular order. The FROG or the LASER will pop the SMILEY FACE if either comes in contact with it. The FROG chases the SMILEY FACE, while the LASER shoots from the top row down. The LASER will pop the SMILEY FACE or stun the FROG if they are in its path.

(We Really need the EDIT option back) :(

Here it is with an added Tiltle. This is a hack by mojofltr, I don't know if it is an ongoing hack or not. mojofltr?

I like the new title graphic! I hadn't really planned on going any further with this. The only thing left that I can think of that really needed a change is the title, and you have done a great job with that. That is, unless you want to hack the color of Q*bert to to orange - as I mentioned to you before, this sort of thing I have no clue about. ;-)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
I seem to have misplaced the ROM for the Balloon Fight/Joust hack I did a while back.  If anyone still has it (and wants to post it), I'll take another look at it and see if I can get the colors right.

991650[/snapback]

Here is the version I have:

post-3832-1136042602_thumb.jpg

post-3832-1136042696_thumb.jpg

BIN:

balloon_fight_v1.zip

Edited by neotokeo2001

Q-boing is one of the best hacks I've ever played. What a great idea!  :)

991811[/snapback]

Thanks! :) There are a lot of functional hacks that are far better... mine are only graphic hacks, but it is nice to know that they are appreciated. :D

Here is the new WIP of Balloon Fight. There are a few things I'd still like to fix if I can figure it out. 1)The platforms flicker and shift back to the original color 2)Red Balloons 3)Player 2 and "wave" colors are horrid

While tinkering with the ROM, I also found out how to make the guys fat... which kinda makes them look more like the NES game. Unfortunately, this also throws off the collision detection a bit, so the player can partially go through the left edge of platforms. Another cool thing I found I could modify made the game skip the egg altogether... or seemingly so. The egg was replaced by a different colored enemy that could be picked up like an egg... but flew around like normal. This kinda gives the feeling of double hits. The last thing I found is a place in the code that when modified, it slowed down the upward thrust of the bird. This was cool to a point, because the VCS version of Joust always felt like it had too much power in the wings of the birds, but unfortunately in making this modification, the framerate seems to go down and the movement doesn't look as smooth. I don't know if I'll use any of these things in the end... maybe I can figure out how to tweak them.

Balloon_Fight_v2.bin

Quick update...

The platforms don't flicker nearly as much now. I changed the condor graphic. It's a smaller bird now, but I tweaked the game so that it comes out immediately and is pretty determined to pop your balloon. The only thing I don't like about this, is that the condor sound effect can get a bit grating. :lol:

I still can't find the egg color to turn the balloons red. :|

Balloon_Fight_v2.2.bin

• 11 years later...