IGNORED

TIME MAGAZINE'S 7800 FLASHBACK REVIEW

Shawn

Nice article, thanks for sharing. 8) One thing that does irk me is statements to the effect that the only reason to play retro games is for nostalgic purposes. I love all video games; the good one's anyhow. A game doesn't have to be immense in time playing length or have state of the art graphics to be fun. The graphics on the old school Atari games don't hold up well to today's games, but the Atari 2600/5200/7800 gameplay is timeless. For me the dual benefit of playing Atari games is that they don't cost much and they are a lot of fun. You can throw the nostalgia card in there too, but that's a distant second behind the fun factor. ;)

One thing that does irk me is statements to the effect that the only reason to play retro games is for nostalgic purposes.

Ya gotta remember this was chicken scrawled by a tighty whitey who has no clue about video games, I just thought it was cool that ATARI (I mean infobullshit) was mentioned in TIME. Doesn't happen very often and it was the first worthy contribution I found to post here in the mags & pubs section of AA. Beisdes Whitey just bluping nothingness about the 7800 "Give-Me-My-Cash-back" unit, it was just the fact that ATARI made TIME mag that I wanted to note. But I totally agree with you on the whole nostalgic thing, I play ATARI 2600 everyday, there is nothing nostaglic about it...lol :D