IGNORED

"Vintage" apple computer question

tiggerthehun

...but how do I grab the ROM image and drop it onto floppy from My PC, and still have it readable on the vintage Mac. I don't have a new mac.. so at this point.. I don't care about that

Sorry if I missed this in an earlier post I didn't bother to read, but how old is the Mac in question? Macs were able to read PC floppies for quite some time. I think pretty much any Mac that can run System 7 or later can read PC floppies. (Maybe even before that... it just needs a "SuperDrive"... from back when that term didn't refer to a DVD-R burner!)

...but how do I grab the ROM image and drop it onto floppy from My PC, and still have it readable on the vintage Mac. I don't have a new mac.. so at this point.. I don't care about that

Sorry if I missed this in an earlier post I didn't bother to read, but how old is the Mac in question? Macs were able to read PC floppies for quite some time. I think pretty much any Mac that can run System 7 or later can read PC floppies. (Maybe even before that... it just needs a "SuperDrive"... from back when that term didn't refer to a DVD-R burner!)

well..the mac I would most like to play with would be the M001..ie..the 1984 model that tigger was asking about when he first strated this thread

the other one I have is the performa 630cd, and I think its old enough to be the first generation with CD-rom standard.. don't hold me to that, I'm not that familier at all with linieage and OS's for the mac.

however.. I'm allreasdy reserved to the fact that it might take using a new mac, to put stuff on the old mac