IGNORED

Announcing the OVGE 2005! (Formerly known as the OKGE)

-^CrossBow^-

It is time again mid-America. Time to bring out the paddle controllers, joysticks, and trackballs for your favorite systems. It is time to once again celebrate the history and evolution of video gaming...America's new Pastime.

The Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition planning is now well underway with several vendors and exhibitiors already signed up for the show! This years event will take place in the Broken Arrow Room at the Holiday Inn Tulsa-South in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.

So pack your bags, grab the tickets, and whatever else you need to come and attend! Buy, sell, trade, play and gather around with us for an absolutely excellent time of fun for all ages and families! We are pleased to be able to continue bringing this classic gaming event to all of you and hope to see everyone there!

Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition (Formerly known as the OKGE) Details:

When: June 18, 2005 (Yeap only about 6 months away! :o )

Where: Broken Arrow Room at Holiday Inn Tulsa-South in Broken Arrow, OK

Time: Doors open to the general public at 9:00AM and close at around 5:00PM.

Admission: $3.00 per person ages 8 and under FREE (Same as last year)

At this time, the OVGE is currently seeking sponsors for door prizes and tournament prizes in addition to any other contribution you might be able to send. In addition we have several vendors and exhibitiors already committed to attend this year's event so the space is filling quickly! Contact us if you wish to reserve space for this year's event.

Please visit the new OVGE website for further information.

And we can't wait to see all of you again at this year's OVGE 2005!

Good point about the Galleries. No...they aren't up yet. In fact, what I need is for anyone who has a review or gallery for the previous OKGE events to please PM with the new links. I know that some of the old ones I had before no longer work so I need new links...

I still have the 2004 OKGE photos of my own to put into flash before I can post them. I plan to work on them more during this week. ;)

Trade-N-Games will be attending your great event as a vendor this year. I went last year as a spectator and it was great hope its bigger this year so I can spend lots of money and make a little money also. I will be gathering up lots of goodies to sell like I did for Philly so start saving now. 8)

See everyone

Jason

One question - think you could talk the hotel into giving some special rates to those people who are attending the show that weekend?

I know MMF and I would be more likely to stay at the actual hotel (and not have to drive a ways...) if we could get a decent rate for the weekend?

Just a thought....:)

Oh yeah, i'll be there. I had a lot of fun last year. But i'm not bringing my Lynx with me like last time. I thought there would be a ComLynx session or two of Warbirds or Slimeworld, but nobody seemed to be up for it. This year, if an area or table is set up just for that (and someone brings a spare cable, because I have no idea where mine are), then I wouldn't mind dragging my Lynx case around with me all day. :)

We do have a special rate for those attending for the show. I will double check tomorrow with my rep from the Holiday Inn but I believe it is $69 a night. This is $20 bucks cheaper than the rooms were at the Marriott last year.

Still working on the gallery but should have most of it done soon. A few links from last year's OKGE and the previous 2003 show aren't good any longer and I need updated links.

Anything else just let me know and we look forward to seeing the both of you in June!

Finally the pics we took from the '04 OKGE are available to view online. However, we need updated links for a few of the 2003 pictures and need to know if you have pics online you wish us to link to from either of our two previous events.

The OKGE gallery presentations that we did do require the flash plugin (Ver 5 or better) in order to view them. Also there is backtrack audio with these, but in Firefox it sometimes cuts out. I didn't exhibit this in IE.

Enjoy and please let us know if you have links to pics we don't have posted!

Plese visit the OVGE Website for details and to view the galleries.[/url]

One question - think you could talk the hotel into giving some special rates to those people who are attending the show that weekend?  

I know MMF and I would be more likely to stay at the actual hotel (and not have to drive a ways...) if we could get a decent rate for the weekend?

Just a thought....:)

I checked on the Holiday Inn web site and the rate is only $49.50 a night if you have an Entertainment card from the Entertainment book. This is for 2 double beds. The king room is $74.

I might see if I can go to this. The only thing is that I think that is father's day weekend and I would want to be back early enough on Sunday to see my dad and my father in law.