IGNORED

Help - Early Holloween proto and Starpath proto games

Nautas

Some help please (and thank you).

In 1982-83, I tested games for several Atari 2600 game publishers. My pay was that I got to keep all the games I tested. Most were prototypes. Some without finished labels, some were bare roms without plastic cartridges. And yes, the authenticity and history off all these games can easily be documented and traced

I got around to going through those old games recently and would love to get some input as to how rare they may be. I know there are guides, but they usually do not address early prototype versions of the games. Here’s a sampling of what I think might be rare, any info would be appreciated.

Two versions of Halloween - both have white labels with typed titles. One seems to be an earlier prototype that has some bugs and is more violent and “graphic” than the other.

Ram It – Earlier, completely working prototype, typed white label

Party Mix – Prototype, typed white label

Rabbit Transit – Prototype, typed white label

Sword of Saros – Prototype, typed white label

Survival Island - Prototype, typed white label

Sweat - Prototype, typed white label

Excalibur - Prototype, typed white label

All cassette tapes work perfectly.

Starpath demo unit. Apparently this was set up by retailers to explain and demo the Supercharger unit. It plugs into the Spercharger and cycles through a demo.

Two versions of Halloween - both have white labels with typed titles. One seems to be an earlier prototype that has some bugs and is more violent and “graphic” than the other.

This is probably the most interesting one out of the lot, you should have someone dump them and preserve the binaries. Let me know if you want assistance in that. :)

More info on some of the prototypes I've found thus far:

Telesys Stargunner TA # 10-05 (Red logo, typed title on white paper label)

Telesys Ram-It TA 10-04 (Red logo, typed title on white paper label)

For the two Halloween games, they both have what appears to be hand made labels with "Halloween" typed on them. One cart looks identical to the Telesys carts (the end is a handle) and one is shaped more like the original Atari carts.

For the Starpath prototypes, they are all on cheap black tapes with typed labels (example: Frogger June 15,83 Incomplete! For demo only! Copyright 1983 Starpath)

Speaking of, I found Frogger and Rabbit Transit prototypes as well.

I'll post pics (but there isn't much to see) as soon as I can. What's the best way to do screenshots?

Thanks All

My father worked for a consumer electroncis distributer (Neil Spencer & Associates) in St. Louis Missouri. For a short period of time, they distributed Atari 2600 games, including Starpath and Telesys. I was around six at the time, so I don't remember anyone I came in contact with, but my father may remember some of the people he worked with through Neil Spencer & Assoc. I'll check.

• 18 years later...