IGNORED

Dragonfire II

yuppicide

I'd loooove to see a Dragonfire II. Something that captures the essence of the original, but expands upon it.

Level 1 - Would be same as what is there now.. you walk across the bridge. Dodge fireballs. Add some aligators in the moat below. In "Expert" mode or whatever you could have it as a drawbridge that rises up and down every few seconds. So, not only would you have to dodge fireballs, but you'd have to make your way across the drawbridge so you don't fall in the moat and get eaten by aligators.

Level 2 - New level.. you go through the castle. This would be a 3 or 4 screens high and one screen below where you came in. The screen below is the treasure room. It's locked. You need a key! You run and jump and must make your way to the top most screen of the castle to get the key, then have to make your way back down. Unlcoking the treasure room.

Level 3 - Would be very similar to what is there now.. you run through grabbing treasure avoiding the dragon.

That's weird - I was just playing 2600 Dragonfire yesterday and was thinking the same thing! (about an update)

Wasn't the Intellivision version of Dragonfire more in-depth - I believe there were archers on the first level shooting arrows at you. I'm not sure if there were any other additions.

Sounds like a great idea!

If the end result is anywhere near as life-stealingly addictive as the original (which is twice as powerful as crack cocaine) I'm sure my crippling Dragonfire addiction will demand that I purchase six cases of cartridges, just in case I wear the first one out.

Sounds like a great idea. Maybe by renaming it and altering the concept a little so it's just based on Dragonfire any copyright issues could be avoided.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...