IGNORED

Game Idea: Rockin' Pinball 2600/7800

birdie3

I don't know about anyone else but I love Atari 2600 Midnight Magic. It is by far one of my favorite games and I could literally spend hours playing this super addictive game. With what can now be musically composed on a 2600, why not come up with a similar pinball type of game but with some wickedly intense music to go along with it? I would prefer to see a brand new pinball game with lots of levels and variations but most important is that the music would have to be really good. Maybe even with selectable tunes. :ponder:

i would love to designs some sort of graphics, is anyone intrested in programming this. could it be top down or fake 3d? could you scroll?

what aboul scrolling up down and animations?

I wish a 2600 coder would take interest in this concept. Would this not be a fairly easy game to make or am I nuts?

I doubt any game with likely trademarked Atari characters like Pitfall Harry or Yar's Revenge would last too long considering what happened with the rest of the repros and hack etc..

Ah, well, a man can dream...

Scrolling would work very well, especially since the vertical resolution is relatively small. Plus, it would be easier to implement. Fake 3D would be too clunky, and you'd probably have less room to shoot the ball around.

Levels could be contained of variable-length 'strips', each strip holding 1, 2, or 3 bumpers, side paddles, etc. The problem with that method is that much of the board is independent of those, like the curved backgrounds and suspended metal tracks... another strip would have to be defined for every time one of those objects exist. Not impossible, just complex.

It sounds like a great concept, though. Somebody must be interested in taking on the challenge...