IGNORED

WIN Coleco 2600 games CONTEST! Investigation/Story time!

mvigor

So I'm feeling particularly goofy this afternoon and I'm browsing Google Images on my lunch break. I come up with this picture...

odierotate_sm.jpg

SEE THE LARGE IMAGE, offsite link

The contest today will have two prizes. I'm giving away Coleco's 2600 titles Front Line and Roc N' Rope...loose carts with good labels.

The winner of Front Line will be the person who give me the most funny and creative story about what this room is and what is happening in here, as judged by me. Hint...notice all the razor blades, etc. :P

The winner of Roc N' Rope will be the person who give me the most accurate explanation of what this room really is for, what the large object in the upper left is, why the image was named what is was, etc...again as judged by me.

Post your answers to the thread.

ENDS March 15 at 4 p.m. Central time. Winners outside the U.S. will be required to pay their own shipping cost.

My guess is that it's a lipo-clinic for animals. The object you mention is obviously for sucking out fat at high-speeds and quickly turning it into an edible substance (pehaps "I can't believe it's not butter"). The reason the picture is called odierotate is because the cat's name is Odie (the creative person thought, "garfield...? nah... Odie... yeah.. odie..").

The reason the picture has 'rotate' in the name is because the woman is obviously about to load the cat into a large animal centrifuge which will spin the cat around until the fat has been completely removed. She's actually submitted a patent for the Petrifuge and is hoping to market it in late July of this year.

The reason for the razor blades is because the woman has the bizarre need to become 'blood brothers' with any and all animals that are unfortunate to be inside her clinic. She also likes midget tossing and plans on marrying an ape.

A picture really IS worth a thousand words!

but in reality, it actually looks like an art room. The tables, scissors, and the general 'stuff' laying on the table just gives me that feeling. I'm not sure why the cat is in the picture as it seems to have something wrong with its foot. I'm stumped. :) Maybe they were using the cat for its footprint in some clay or something?

I think she's getting ready to dip the cat in paint and press it against a canvas. You know, like finger-painting except using the cat as a stamp!

Actually, I saw a coffee table book in the bookstore that showed how people paint their cats. If done right, it's not cruel and the cats actually enjoy the attention. Sadly, the linked page doesn't show what I thought were the neatest looking cats.

Unbeknownst to her neighbors, Luann had turned her twisted scrapbooking skills to evil purposes, and transformed her cat "Tubby" into a laser-guided weapon, capable of taking out the entire block.

Here, after having removed Tubby from the transmogrification chamber (the plastic bag and other parts hanging from the ceiling), she prepares for a test-firing. The cat's laser-eye is locked onto the target, and Luann, with finger on the trigger, braces herself for the recoil.

"Soon... very soon... I'll have my revenge," she muttered to herself. "They'll never make fun of the enormous zit on my forehead ever again!!"

Anyway, that's what I think it really is.

Now for the funny story. ;)

It looks to be the garage or basement of a home. There's what looks like a purchase order on the work table, so I think this is a home-based business. Not just a hobby.

What appears to be going on, is that she's creating designs to be applied to all of the blank glassware on the shelves in the back. She creates a design, then cuts it out and applies it, either by painting it on, or etching it into the surface.

The cat is just a pet that hangs around the workshop, and she was having someone take her picture with it.

Links:

Glass etching home businesses

Painting on glassware article

Clearly this is a veterinary clinic where the bag was used to contain IV fluid for the cat while the doctor performed a vasectomy on the cat. As you can see, all evidence of a male cat has been removed with no evidence of scarring! Hair had to be removed for surgical purposes, but it will grow back in time.

Clearly this is a veterinary clinic where the bag was used to contain IV fluid for the cat while the doctor performed a vasectomy on the cat. As you can see, all evidence of a male cat has been removed with no evidence of scarring! Hair had to be removed for surgical purposes, but it will grow back in time.

Almost forgot (still can't edit posts)...

To continue my second post, the image is named odierotate, because the cat's name is Odie, and the image has been rotated 90°. (Her digital camera was turned sideways to shoot the picture).

The bag and hoses hanging from the ceiling are for rinsing the glassware off prior to applying the design. The condenser may be a spare part from a water purifier, to make sure that no spots or streaks get on the glass.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the partially obscured item on the table (just under her right elbow in the image). Looks like a pack of Swisher Sweets to me. Given the Phillies and the razors and the glazed look they both have in their eyes... you tell me. :P

Poor Odie got into the rice bowl again...

Why is there a radiator and hoses hanging from the ceiling? Looks like a transmission cooler if you ask me.

Looks like a garage of some sort?

Looks to be sometype of artistic cutouts on the table, hence the x-acto knives. More art on the cabinates? Maybe stencils of some sort? Looks to be cloth under the cut paper.

Im guessing the kitty is pregnant? Maybe they had to rotate one of the kittens??? Hence the name???

Poor Odie got into the rice bowl again...

Why is there a radiator and hoses hanging from the ceiling? Looks like a transmission cooler if you ask me.

Looks like a garage of some sort?

Looks to be sometype of artistic cutouts on the table, hence the x-acto knives. More art on the cabinates? Maybe stencils of some sort? Looks to be cloth under the cut paper.  

Im guessing the kitty is pregnant? Maybe they had to rotate one of the kittens??? Hence the name???

Maybe a garage turned art studio?

NO Friggin edit...

On second thought, Im going with basement art studio. The "roof" clearly look like floor joists.

The object under her arm looks like some type of marker. Maybe for the cloth?

The wire on the table looks kinda like a hands free headset for a cell phone or regular phone.

Maybe they are rotating the cat to exercise it? Probably just a pet though. Its a wopper of a cat though...

I think she is an evil lady (especially with that expression!) that steals cats from neighborhood children, puts them in the glass bottles, fills it with formaldehyde from the plastic tube sack/hose above her and ships them out to high school biology classes in the boxes. The razors and scissors are there to help get all the hair off of them, and the papers on the wall behind her are the "production" schedule for bottling kitties!

Someone should really call PETA, animal services, or Bob Barker... *sigh*

As far as the contest goes we would have had a much better turn out if this could have been left posted in the 2600 forum, but I guess since there *IS* a dedicated contests forum it got moved for good reason.

I'm going to call the winner of funny story and the Front Line game Nathan Strum with his Luann story.

I'm going to call the winner of most possibly kinda accurate and the Roc N Rope game Jeepnut.

Guys, send me your addresses and I'll mail you a game. :D

• 2 weeks later...