IGNORED

Vectrex Prototypes

Tempest

Does anyone have any screen shots of any of the unreleased Vectrex games that are supposed to be floating around out there? I know Mail Plane and Pitchers Duel supposedly exist, but I never seem to be able to find pictures for them.

Tempest

I've been told by a reliable Vectrex source that both Mail Plane and Pitcher's Duel have been dumped to preserve them. When they will be released to the Vectrex gaming community has not been determined. Who knows?

I know that John Dondzila has expressed the wish to convert Mail Plane from lightpen control to joystick control

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

I've been told by a reliable Vectrex source that both Mail Plane and Pitcher's Duel have been dumped to preserve them.  When they will be released to the Vectrex gaming community has not been determined.  Who knows?

I know that John Dondzila has expressed the wish to convert Mail Plane from lightpen control to joystick control

Having these 2 games would be great! Put 'em on the same cart I say!

minorleagueguy

I've been told by a reliable Vectrex source that both Mail Plane and Pitcher's Duel have been dumped to preserve them

Well that's good. Shame they haven't been released to the public yet. I wonder how many other Vectrex protos are out there?

Tempest

I've been told by a reliable Vectrex source that both Mail Plane and Pitcher's Duel have been dumped to preserve them.  When they will be released to the Vectrex gaming community has not been determined.  Who knows?

Do you happen to know who actually dumped them?

Well that's good.  Shame they haven't been released to the public yet.  I wonder how many other Vectrex protos are out there?

Here's the most comprehensive link: Vectrex Game Database.

If you want to read about the political nastiness of Vectrex prototype games and hardware, search rec.games.vectrex newsgroup for WILK or EBAYZILLA. :roll: :x I think that he has a few more protos that have been preserved.

The before mentioned games are preserved and I think they will eventually be released to the Vectrex community .. but I've been waiting for about four years and counting!

The Vectrex prototype games that have been released include: Dark Tower (mid 90s), Tour de France (2001), Cube Quest (2002), an alternative version of Polar Rescue, an alternative version of Star Trek, a 3D demo called Rocket Sledge, Engine Analyzer, Color Spectrum Stress Analyzer, Mr. Boston Clean Sweep, and the Test Cart.