IGNORED

Atari Flashback 2.0 now listed @ Gamestop...

I wasn't questioning your knowledge or abilites. I was making a joke. Lighten up.

I'm aware that you made an attempt at humor. You're response (whether a joke or serious) had nothing to do with what you quoted and even less to do with what you bolded. In other words, it was a poor joke.

You honestly think I got offended? Was referring to me as a "her" supposed to be a dig? :lolblue:

That link at the start of the thread has gone bad, and a search at Gamestop only reveals the current Flashback model. :?

Personally, I'm interested in the new one, and it sounds cool. I have a hard time believing you'll be able to hook it up to your computer or add games to it. Better for them if you buy FB3, FB4 and so on, each with a few new games, etc. I also don't see it being very ipod-like; few companies ever get the ease-of-use going that Apple does. BTW, those outfits that will put your music on your iPod for you are not for idiots--they're for the Wall Streeters and Paris Hiltons of the world who can't be bothered to sit at a computer for hours, putting in one CD after another...like I do.

So, uh, howbout that new Flashback, huh?

-S

What the hell is a flashback? I thought this was a thread about ultra-rare solid state vacuum tubes. :?

I've got a box of those that I'll sell you along with a digital sundial. PM me if interested. ;)

-S

I've got a box of those that I'll sell you along with a digital sundial. PM me if interested. ;)

-S

Oooo, that'll go well with my remote control abacus. PM sent!

I have a manual calculator that will go very well with the abacus also. Extremely rare label variation. T handle included. I heard they were going to make a flashback unit too.... :ponder:

Seriously, I want one so I can chop it up and make a portable atari. Or so I can pimp my k-car out with a built in 2600.... :love:

You know, Al... Have you ever made a beef log baby? One time I made a whole villiage of beef log babies. You ever pretend that the villiage of beef log babies rise up and try to kill your head?

That's when I have to lie down

With apologies to Space Ghost

Seriously though, I am looking forward to the second one. I just played the first one for hthe first time yesterday. Gawd Food Fight sucked.. Along with everything else.

Several NEW, never before seen Atari arcade game ports

To expand on my previous post, if this is true, you know we don't have the option of plugging in a cart into the original if we wanted trakball or paddle support from like in the original arcade versions unless all the new games were joystick only to begin with. :ponder:

Hm, I wonder if Elevator Action has made its way onto FB2? :ponder:

I'd love to see Elevator Action FINISHED on the FB2, not the unfinished proto.

Hmm that would be a treat to play on the 2600... I missed out on the Cartridge release and would likely buy a FB2 for this alone! :)

Another previously unreleased Atari game I'd like to see is:

Tempest with Paddle/Driving Controller support! :love:

I picked up Retro Atari Classics for my Nintendo DS tonight... but that's for another thread. (Gotta play some Tempest!)

Sure! Perhaps it will look even better on the FB2!? :ponder:

Not that those screenshots look terrible though... I recall plugging many quarters into the arcade machine and always dreamed that the 2600 would have a version. Heck, I've put up with Pac-Man and Donkey Kong on the 2600.. Tempest would be the Hat Trick! :D

Is Sinistar an original Atari game? That could be another...