IGNORED

It Does Exist! Sears Superman Picture Label Scan As Promised

sly

Question #1 - why doesn't that link work?

Question #2 - what is the proof of authenticity, given you're the only one with a known copy?

932212[/snapback]

Well I don't know what to tell you. I knew a couple of people who said they owned one.

Do you think I made it?

I don't get this... the original link sly posted also does not work for me, but keilbaca's does... but they're exactly the same. I even copied and pasted them into separate files in BBEdit and ran a "Find Differences" just to make sure.

:?

932276[/snapback]

Take a look at the hyperlinks themselves. Sly just copy/pasted, I copied the acutal link and the site made it look like exactly like his.

Damnit to hell, and I just spent $60 on a picture label Gunslinger to complete my collection.  Now it's not complete and never will be.  Even my collection of loose Tigervision carts is complete.  I don't think I'll ever find a picture label Sears Superman. :x

826975[/snapback]

For Gunslinger!?

I gave less than a buck--for this!

post-7210-1126845607_thumb.jpg

I might hafta get me a text Superman and print out that label for it. I'd mark it, though, as a copy.

Actually, I've never paid over a buck for any of my Seras pic label games, except Defender, which was $4.

I've got Berzerk, Defender (red), Defender (orange), Missile Command, Night Driver (seen above), Pac Man, Space Combat, Space Invaders (replaced end label), Star Raiders with the controller and overlay, Submarine Commander (with both labels replaced), and Yars' Revenge. I've also got a Stellar Trrack with the green end label that no one can seem to find.

Serious, if you want a Sears pic label of Superman--print one! I've thought about building my own Tank Command cart and printing a book for it. As long as you don't try to sell it as something it's not, or keep it for your own purposes (you do get a license for the ROM when you buy any cart), there should be nothing wrong with it.

I dont care whether its fake or real, you guys are F'ing NUTS!

$157 bucks already 2 hours into a 7 day auction for a label variation of a dirt-common game?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sheesh!  :roll:

932302[/snapback]

Annoying, isn't it?

934005[/snapback]

Ahhh, look at all the jealeous people

Ahhh, look at all the jealeous people

Hardcore collector, picks up the cart

in the auction where a sniping war has been

Lives in a dream

Waits at the window, wearing the face

that he keeps in a jar by the door

Who is it for

All the jealeous people

Where do they all come from?

All the jealeous people

Where do they all belong?

:P

I dont care whether its fake or real, you guys are F'ing NUTS!

$157 bucks already 2 hours into a 7 day auction for a label variation of a dirt-common game?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sheesh!  :roll:

932302[/snapback]

Annoying, isn't it?

934005[/snapback]

LOL!

Doesn't annoy me, but it does amaze.

Then again, most of my family thinks I'm crazy with the collection I have, and the only game(s) I ever spent more than fifty bucks for wereBounty Bob for the 5200, and Meteorites.

It's at $229 now. That is the most I've ever seen for a label variation by far. Does anyone remember a silver label Gravitar going that high?

--Jason

934087[/snapback]

I sure hope not!

Look at this one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/GRAVITAR-SILVER-Atari-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Of course, ending it on a Sunday, and ripping buyers off on shipping tends to help keep the price low.

$711 bucks?  What-the-hell?  I mean seriously, I have label variations that only a few people have and I know if I put them on e-bay they would get $3-$5.  Is it because it's superman?

937867[/snapback]

Think about how much some of the Ultravision games go for which are just label variations, nevermind Air Raid which is just a pirated game. I'm not surprised. What will surprise me is if more of these don't start popping up after what this one went for.

BTW if this is for real, why hasn't Albert added it to the database yet? It's been six months since sly posted the scans. :ponder:

$711 bucks?  What-the-hell?  I mean seriously, I have label variations that only a few people have and I know if I put them on e-bay they would get $3-$5.  Is it because it's superman?

937867[/snapback]

Think about how much some of the Ultravision games go for which are just label variations, nevermind Air Raid which is just a pirated game. I'm not surprised. What will surprise me is if more of these don't start popping up after what this one went for.

BTW if this is for real, why hasn't Albert added it to the database yet? It's been six months since sly posted the scans. :ponder:

937932[/snapback]

No, I didn't mean rare games in and of themselves. There are some really rare SEGA label variations. They are mainly what I am refering to. Most beveled edge sega games have 3-4 different label variation believe it or not.

• 15 years later...