IGNORED

Welcome to the New Server! (Please Read)

Albert

Anyhow I feel a post of mine from today may be missing.. but I might be wrong, I'll check again! Anyone has missing posts?

835103[/snapback]

Yes, any posts made from about 1am (CST) this morning to about 11am (CST) did not make the transition. At 1am we backed up the forum database, copied it to the new server, and started the conversion process. Sorry for the inconvenience, it was either that or keeping the forums offline for 10+ hours. I did post about it, but not really in enough time for everyone to be forewarned.

..Al

835113[/snapback]

oh good. Ithought I was going mad! I knew I posted a topic!

One other question. Why won't the site keep me logged on? I have to log on every time. It used to just keep me on.

One other question.  Why won't the site keep me logged on?  I have to log on every time.  It used to just keep me on.

835557[/snapback]

Sounds like a cookie issue. I suggest clicking on the "Delete cookies set by this board" link on the bottom, right of the main forum page, logging out, and then deleting any "atariage"related cookies in your browser. Also delete any from "67.15.129.36". Then try logging in and seeing what happens. I am going to point the forums to "http://www.atariage.com/forums" today, which I think will help clear up some of the login issues people are seeing.

..Al

the databse seems to have lost a few of messages and says last time I logged on was Apr 6 (friday).... not bothered really but this isn't correct ... as I was editing  a couple of messages yesterday (11 Apr)  :?:

Nick

835543[/snapback]

If you were logged in between 1am and 11am on Monday (the 11th), that is the cause of the problem. We made a backup of the forum database at 1am to transfer to the new server. Any changes after that point (including recording that you logged in) did not make the transition.

..Al

I've never once had to re-login on the old server. Now every time I visit the site since the upgrade I have to login manually. It won't hold for some reason. And if you aren't logged in, you don't get the benefit of seeing whats marked as 'read'.

835539[/snapback]

We should have these issues ironed out in the next day or two.

..Al

The results of the polls are weird, will this only affect transfered polls?

835519[/snapback]

Whoa, that's totally screwed up. I'm guessing that's a bug in the conversion process, I know new polls will not have that problem. I should be able to fix the conversion script and re-import all the polls, thanks for pointing this out.

..Al

It's nice that the board clock is finally working correctly again and that it can handle daylight saving time now. But is there a way to set the displayed clock format somewhere, like the old forum did? I always get confused by the AM/PM format, because all my other clocks use the 24 hour format. ;)

Also the old board allowed you to hide your user name when you were logged into the forum. The new board seems to list the number of anonymous users too, but I can't seem to find a way in the settings to enable/disable this feature. Is it still available?

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

It's nice that the board clock is finally working correctly again and that it can handle daylight saving time now. But is there a way to set the displayed clock format somewhere, like the old forum did? I always get confused by the AM/PM format, because all my other clocks use the 24 hour format.  ;)

Yes, it is nice to see the CORRECT time displayed in the forum, and support for time zones (and daylight savings time) is also nice. It does seem odd that they do not include an option for users to set the time and date format. I think part of it is that there are several different ways the date is displayed in the forum, and several settings for that in the admin control panel. Still, I will add this to my list as it would be a worthwhile feature to have.

Also the old board allowed you to hide your user name when you were logged into the forum. The new board seems to list the number of anonymous users too, but I can't seem to find a way in the settings to enable/disable this feature. Is it still available?

835588[/snapback]

If you logout and then click the Login link at the top of the page, you will be brought to another (login) page that lets you set yourself invisible. I don't yet know if this setting "persists" after you time back out and then access the board and auto-login again. This is something else I would like to see added to the user control panel, and it's also on my list. :)

..Al

I've never once had to re-login on the old server. Now every time I visit the site since the upgrade I have to login manually. It won't hold for some reason. And if you aren't logged in, you don't get the benefit of seeing whats marked as 'read'.

835539[/snapback]

We should have these issues ironed out in the next day or two.

..Al

835572[/snapback]

Mine's a little bit more peculiar. Click to the main area and it says "Guest" but as soon as I enter one of the forums I get "logged in" with my user name up the top.

Also it appears "Quote" buttons do nothing and the "Reply" buttons auto quotes!

(not sure if that had been mentioned so far, but there you go)

ED: Ah just seen how it works... ignore that part. Quote is now a flag! Clever...

Edited by MayhemUK

Just wanted to pop in and add my 2 cents. Love the new layout and forum options. The gallery and calendar features are great! This always was one of the better forums I've visited and now I can rediscover it all over again. Great job!

Mine's a little bit more peculiar. Click to the main area and it says "Guest" but as soon as I enter one of the forums I get "logged in" with my user name up the top.

My guess is you have a bookmark to http://www.atariage.com/forums/, but the forum itself believes it's at http://67.15.129.36/~atariage/forums, which causes the behavior you're seeing. This will work correctly once the forum is told it lives at http://www.atariage.com/forums/, later today.

Also it appears "Quote" buttons do nothing and the "Reply" buttons auto quotes!

(not sure if that had been mentioned so far, but there you go)

ED: Ah just seen how it works... ignore that part. Quote is now a flag! Clever...

835645[/snapback]

Yes, this is not very intuitive. I argued about this in the IPB development forums some time ago that this was poor UI design, but was shot down. :) You can basically check several messages and then use the "Add Reply" button at the top or bottom to then quote from every message you checked. Very handy if you want to quote from several messages!

..Al

how do i tell if a pm has been recived?

Haydn

EDIT, I just found the message tracker and it claims my message was read almost instantly, but i doubt it was (alough it may of been).. might be worth checking

Haydn

Edited by Haydn Jones

My guess is you have a bookmark to http://www.atariage.com/forums/, but the forum itself believes it's at http://67.15.129.36/~atariage/forums, which causes the behavior you're seeing.  This will work correctly once the forum is told it lives at http://www.atariage.com/forums/, later today.

I only ever go to the forums through the link on the main page of http://www.atariage.com

I don't have a bookmark directly to the forums. Hence my puzzlement :P

My guess is you have a bookmark to http://www.atariage.com/forums/, but the forum itself believes it's at http://67.15.129.36/~atariage/forums, which causes the behavior you're seeing.  This will work correctly once the forum is told it lives at http://www.atariage.com/forums/, later today.

I only ever go to the forums through the link on the main page of http://www.atariage.com

I don't have a bookmark directly to the forums. Hence my puzzlement :P

835806[/snapback]

I have the same problem. I come in from the front page, but I'm always a "guest."

-Bry

I have the same problem. I come in from the front page, but I'm always a "guest."

-Bry

835812[/snapback]

That's not going to change until I point the forums at the new domain name later today. Some people are still seeing the old IP address, so I'd like to hold off on making the change until everyone repots that they are seeing the new IP.

..Al

- Image attachments are now displayed as a thumb--no more super-wide pages!

Woo-hoo! Super-wide thanks! The new board is great. :D

836019[/snapback]

Of course, this does not prevent people from posting wide images directly in the middle of a thread (if the image is hosted somewhere else), but even in that case only the offending image is "wide"--the rest of the thread will still be the proper width. :)

..Al

Major congratulations to everyone involved with the forum migration!

It seems to have gone very well. The DNS took about 12 hours to resolve properly here, but all appears well now.

The new software will take some getting used to, but it does look like there are some significant advantages.

Well done, guys!

What is the  "Purchase Paid Subscriptions" tab for?  It is in 'My Controls' dose this mean that some functions are going to be paid members only in future? If so what kind?

We aren't going to be using the "Subscriptions Manager" feature of the forum, but I haven't yet figured out how to remove that option in the control panel. I'll rip it out manually if I have to. :)

Ah, I see you take the same Forum Editing classes I do. When in doubt, rip it out. :cool:

What is the  "Purchase Paid Subscriptions" tab for?  It is in 'My Controls' dose this mean that some functions are going to be paid members only in future? If so what kind?

We aren't going to be using the "Subscriptions Manager" feature of the forum, but I haven't yet figured out how to remove that option in the control panel. I'll rip it out manually if I have to. :)

Ah, I see you take the same Forum Editing classes I do. When in doubt, rip it out. :cool:

836501[/snapback]

*nods* :)

A couple things I have noticed.

1.) The bold key doesn't work in the Pet Gallery. Look at the photo I posted named "Bath Day" I'm guessing it's because the text is already in bold?

835076[/snapback]

I fixed this, the comments don't default to bold and the bold tags should now work fine :)

Edit: I spoke too soon. When you first upload the image and input your description the bold tags are still hosed, but if you edit the post and go back the bold tags work. Back to looking.

Under 'My Controls' in the left panel under 'Options' and then 'Board Settings' you can set your local time zone.

836542[/snapback]

Thanks, maybe too many new toys?....... Nah no such thing.

Keep up the good work..... Beter yet take a well deserved berak.

Haydn

Under 'My Controls' in the left panel under 'Options' and then 'Board Settings' you can set your local time zone.

836542[/snapback]

Thanks, maybe too many new toys?....... Nah no such thing.

Keep up the good work..... Beter yet take a well deserved berak.

Haydn

836546[/snapback]

Haha.. thanks :) No break quite yet though, too many picky litle details that only pop up once people are actually using the boards. Soon though? Maybe! :cool: