IGNORED

Fonz

What was the gameplay like in Fonz? Judging by the only grainy shot of the cabinet I've seen, it sort of looked... well almost exactly like Motocross?

Was Motocross also a discrete circuit unit? Has it been mamed?

Fonz and Motocross are exactly the same save for cabinet art. No Mame for Moto either.

Wp

I just saw this post for the first time now. I will look into it, but Manhole has priority (haven't been able to work on it for a while though...):

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...hl=manhole+2600

-Rick

Cool....or should I say Ayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Danke Herr Vongmeister

Wp

What was the gameplay like in Fonz? Judging by the only grainy shot of the cabinet I've seen, it sort of looked... well almost exactly like Motocross?

Was Motocross also a discrete circuit unit? Has it been mamed?

Fonz and Motocross are exactly the same save for cabinet art. No Mame for Moto either.

Wp

If there's no additonal gameplay, then I would think Nukey's Enduro hack is just a black and white color test and a scrolling Fonz logo away from winning, hands down. I don't think anyone can top that. Give that feller a harmonica.

:thumbsup:

Edited by jrok

If there's no additonal gameplay, then I would think Nukey's Enduro hack is just a black and white color test and a scrolling Fonz logo away from winning, hands down. I don't think anyone can top that. Give that feller a harmonica.

Yessir Jarod,

If Nukey could remove the weather elements and turn her black and white with a Fonz logo I would say he should have a pack of 'moking 'baccer and a French harp due from me ;)

Wp

Yessir Jarod,

If Nukey could remove the weather elements and turn her black and white with a Fonz logo I would say he should have a pack of 'moking 'baccer and a French harp due from me ;)

Wp

For the sake of more faithful port, I guess the the extended play feature should also match up with the metric listed on the flyer:

• 10 points per second at low speed
  • 20 points per second at top speed
  • Extended play every 1000 kilometers (Is Fonz from France now??? Ayyyyyyy!)

The only trick is, how were the scoring speeds differentiated? Was there a certain kilometers-per-hour threshold you had to cross before the double-scoring kicked in, or was it just when you are running at the absolute top speed? And, if so, what was that top speed, and what was the threshold for "low speed"? In other words, was there a speed limit that did not give you any points when you went beneath it? I honestly don't rememeber, not even with Motocross.

One last thing... I think for some sort of historical context, the game should include a pair of adjustment functions that mimic these godless features from Sega Marketing:

"To increase the challenge, the size of the bikes can be regulated by the operator. Game time is adjustable from 45 to 100 seconds."

So, if my calculations are correct, some absolute scoundel at the local five-and-dime could pretty much rob your quarter if he wanted to. At 45 seconds, you'd basically have to run the course at top speed (which you probably couldn't even reach until the fifth or sixth second of play?) and you'd have to do it 110% of the time without crashing in order to extend play.

It kinda makes me wonder... what if Fonzie himself wandered into the lobby of a Denny's at 3 a.m. and fist-bumped the Fonz machine? Would he be able to fonz-ify the space-time continuum to achieve "110%" of the top speed? :ponder:

Edited by jrok

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...