IGNORED

Any update on the Flashback 2.0?

With Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, and Space Duel, if Thrust was tossed in too, that would be four games with the same basic control scheme (five if Gravitar was in there too :) )

Just an observation, not saying it ain't a shame Thrust didn't make it.

WOW! That's AWESOME. I'm a HUGE fan of the arcade original Space Deul... This will be the first home version, won't it? I sure hope it supports the tethered dual ship single player mode... (and is the 2 player mode with the tethered ship also?) and as the other user asked, is it based on 2600 asteroids play, or something new/different/modified?

hey curt, anymore updates on the ACTUAL release of the system? my best bet is on july 15-19, anyone of those dates is what i herd, but then there is that august24th release date. which one should i beleive??

885072[/snapback]

Shipments have just started going out, still should be sometime around the beginning of August for retailers to get them into their distribution centers and out to the retail outlets.

Curt

need to check the threads for a better answer, but...

New 2600 Ports of Atari Arcade games - Lunar Lander, Asteroids Deluxe, Space Duel

New "sequels" to classic 2600 games - Adventure 2, Haunted House 2, Yar's Return

Releases of Homebrews/Variations - Atari Climber (Climber 5?), 'Vector' Asteroids.

Don't take my poorly-researched answer as gospel though. :)

Don't forget the new version of Arcade Pong - beats Pong in Video Olympics hands-down. Also the port of Caverns of Mars from the Atari 800 to the Flashback 2.

Curt

need to check the threads for a better answer, but...

New 2600 Ports of Atari Arcade games - Lunar Lander, Asteroids Deluxe, Space Duel

New "sequels" to classic 2600 games - Adventure 2, Haunted House 2, Yar's Return

Releases of Homebrews/Variations - Atari Climber (Climber 5?), 'Vector' Asteroids.

Don't take my poorly-researched answer as gospel though. :)

890811[/snapback]

hey curt, anymore updates on the ACTUAL release of the system? my best bet is on july 15-19, anyone of those dates is what i herd, but then there is that august24th release date. which one should i beleive??

885072[/snapback]

Shipments have just started going out, still should be sometime around the beginning of August for retailers to get them into their distribution centers and out to the retail outlets.

Curt

887140[/snapback]

Curt,

Any chance the Flashback 2.0 will be for sale at the Classic Gaming Expo Aug 20th? I had hoped to buy one at the show.

- Shawn

The only video game expo that I directly know the Flashback 2's will be available at is the "America's Video Game Expo" www.vgxpo.com - August in TX because I've arranged to have a large amount available for sale through the Atariage booth. As for other shows, I couldn't tell you, ask the vendors of those shows to see.

Curt

885072[/snapback]

Curt

887140[/snapback]

Curt,

Any chance the Flashback 2.0 will be for sale at the Classic Gaming Expo Aug 20th? I had hoped to buy one at the show.

- Shawn

891131[/snapback]

Edited by Curt Vendel

With Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, and Space Duel, if Thrust was tossed in too, that would be four games with the same basic control scheme (five if Gravitar was in there too :) )

Just an observation, not saying it ain't a shame Thrust didn't make it.

885060[/snapback]

It actually is a shame it couldn't have been included its a fantastic game.

Curt

• 2 weeks later...
The only video game expo that I directly know the Flashback 2's will be available at is the "America's Video Game Expo"  www.vgxpo.com - August in TX because I've arranged to have a large amount available for sale through the Atariage booth.  As for other shows, I couldn't tell you, ask the vendors of those shows to see.

Curt

885072[/snapback]

Curt

887140[/snapback]

Curt,

- Shawn

891131[/snapback]

891149[/snapback]

wait a minute, back it up, Your Coming into Texas? where in texas is that American Gaming expo thing gonna happen? *crosses hands for corpus christi or san antonio!*