IGNORED

How long have you frequented AtariAge?

Rhindle The Red

How long have you frequented AtariAge?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you frequented AtariAge?

• since the days of Atari 2600 Nexus (1998 - April 2001)
    • since the dawn of AtariAge.com (circa 2001)
    • two or three years
    • one or two years
    • less than a year
    • I just got here

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've been here for some time, since the days of the Nexus, but after Alex originally put it up. I don't recall exactly how I came across the Nexus originally, but it may have been when I won some eBay auctions from Alex and picked them up at his house. Either that, or I had already been using the site for reference and it was just a coincidence that I met him. :)

..Al

I've been a member since August of 2002. I don't remember how I first found this site but I'm glad I did nonetheless.

To save myself from posting again, I'll edit this. :D

I think I might have heard about AtariAge from a magazine like GamePro or EGM or something. I don't fully remember. What I do know is that I didn't post much until December of '02, when I started actively collecting again.

Edited by Kepone

I visited the 2600 Nexus from time to time for the rarity guide and manual archive. If I remember correctly, there weren't forums at first. And the forum software that was used was awful. You had to click on each reply in a thread to read it. It took forever to load on my computer.

I lurked on Atari Age until the end of 2001 when I finally registered. I didn't post anything for another two months. And I still lurk more than I post now, which shows how much time I spend here with almost 3000 posts.

Me? Most everyone knows I'm a moldy relic here.. Probably as a result of the fact that I've been searching for anything Atari and 'classic gaming' related online since I first got on an old text browser for the newfangled part of the internet known as the "world wide web" on a Windows 3.11 machine. :|

When the Nexus came up, to me it was just another Atari site to add to my bookmarks. But then, I eventually started posting on it's message board.. and then the site of course, just took off all nutsy-like and thus I remained :P

Edited by NE146

I became a lurker in the Nexus days. Back then I was mainly hunting ROMs, but I found some of the conversation about prototypes interesting. I finally signed up when a friend gave me his old Gemini and I needed help to get it working properly.

Not good with change..... :sad:
I'm having a hard time getting used to it as well. It seems like everything is in a new place and the "view my posts" option is gone. It'll just take some time to get used to it and then we'll probably like it better than the old software.

[edit]

Speaking of having a hard time getting used to things... all of the text in this thread is centered. :?

Edited by mojofltr

A couple days for me actually. Though I have Atari related stuff (pinball machines) it was a link from a website for a game I ended up looking after somehow.

Not a lot related to me, this is a console site really, but still a nice place, and I am old and like to relive my childhood every once in a while. (err... that would be KeyAge then...)

I visited .. and then joined .. and then posted .. and then contributed. Or something like that.

I first searched for "Atari" in yahoo.com in 1998 .. and started looking at the old videogames.org site with Grover using a joystick. Kinda splashy for my taste! Then spent alot of time on Rec.games.video.classic and then gravitated here.

blocky classics are timeless!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

I've come here since the days of Atari 2600 Nexus, about 6 or 7 years now (holy crap!), but I somehow didn't get around to joining till a couple years ago. I was the only kid around who was more interested in Atari, Odyssey, Intellivision, and classic computers (back then they were called "junk") than in Dreamcast and Playstation!

I can't recall how I found the place originally, but I think back then classic gaming wasn't as wide-spread and popular (which I think was good in that I felt the classic gaming community was more closely-knit), and there were fewer sites you could go to to find information about classic games. It didn't take long before you'd been to every site there was (or just about), and that's probably how I found Atari 2600 Nexus!

I visited here once about a year or two ago, but haven't been back since about two months ago and registered then. After years of frustration, I posted about my copy of Desert Falcon that kept scrolling, thought maybe I had a PAL version, and thanks to some troubleshooting by several people here it turned out to be my old TV that was the culprit. And now I'm stuck here as I got the collecting bug again :D

i started looking at the site in the nexus days, but lost interest in atari for a few years - have never been a ggreat one for posting on forums either - i usually get halfway through a post and think 'does the world really need my opinion' and then delete it!

I've been here since 2002 (off and on). But frequented AtariHQ.com originally...that, and the CVG Nexus (run by a local fellow in Huntsville). I'm sure one of those sites pointed me to AA. Before all of that, well there was the good ol' newsgroups: rec.games.video.classic and rec.games.video.marketplace.

Edited by rsiddall

Since 2001, don't recall if I ever went to The Nexus. It's possible. If I did it was just brief visits looking for Atari related stuff.

BTW: When folks say they are looking for the view my posts button. There is a link under your profile that will pull up your posts starting with the most recent first...Is this what you mean??