IGNORED

How long have you frequented AtariAge?

Rhindle The Red

How long have you frequented AtariAge?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you frequented AtariAge?

• since the days of Atari 2600 Nexus (1998 - April 2001)
    • since the dawn of AtariAge.com (circa 2001)
    • two or three years
    • one or two years
    • less than a year
    • I just got here

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've visited AtariAge since 2001, maybe earlier but I'm not sure. I donated some scans that are still shown now. :D It was in fact several months later that I finally joined the forums to ask for help on how to fix a dead Lynx screen.

Back then I spent considerable time sending scans of coin-op cabinets, many from Atari Games, to the KLOV site. Still I looked here often for updates on the consoles and computers especially considering the growing popularity in emulation.

By the way, I have/had the complete collection of the original Atari Age magazine from the early 80's, does that count?

BTW: When folks say they are looking for the view my posts button. There is a link under your profile that will pull up your posts starting with the most recent first...Is this what you mean??

839853[/snapback]

In the (old) forum, there used to be a link called "view topics that I've posted in" (or something similar) that pulled up a list of all threads that you posted in. Unlike the "view my posts" that is still listed in your profile, this would query a list of threads by topic, in order of those that had been most recently active. Most of the time this is the first place that I would check while reading the forums; I could quickly read and reply to those threads that I had already been active in and then move on to the new threads that I hadn't seen before.

I'm getting used to the new software. It's very similar to the old software - with a lot of bells and whistles. I really hope that the "view topics that I've posted in" option will come back, but it won't kill me to live with out it.

Kudos to Albert and the crew for getting the new software online! To me, the edit button is an equal exchange for the egosearch. Hell!... I didn't have to pay a dime!... who am I to complain? :-D

On and off since 2001 or so. I must have hit the site right after it migrated to AA as I remember the first time I found it that there was a remark about it 'being new'. Dunno. Anyway, I lurked for years, as most of the other forum communities I've been a part of disgusted me after awhile, with all the bickering and name-calling. AA turned out to be different, so I joined up. It's my favorite part of the work day now :cool:

I remember going to the Atari Age web site a couple of times in the past, but I never checked out the forum. Then I heard about the Austin Game Expo, and I met a bunch of the guys at the Atari Age table. Sauron told me to stop by, so I did. Been here ever since. ;-)

Ive been here since January 2002 and dont regret a second of it, managed to start MIAUG but due to my lack of time it has soon died off but hey Ive had some great moments here and I am looking forward to others.

Glad to be a part of the Great AA Family

Regards,

Bryan G. (A2600)

I'm honestly not even sure. I remember visiting the site back during the 2600 Nexus days, but I don't think I was onto the forums at that point. I was amung the early sign-ups once the site became AtariAge, but I didn't post much at first. It was maybe 6 months or so before I became a really frequent poster.

--Zero

I was around probably since around Nexus '00. I was into the forums for the first little while, but I left it for a month or two. By the time I came back there was a forward to atariage.com and an entirely new layout, so I signed up there. :-)

I started out in the newsgroups (r.g.v.c.) and visited the 2600 Nexus in 2001 for the rarity guide. When I went back to see if the guide had been updated I discovered the site name had changed to AtariAge. I've lurked the forums since 2002 and finally joined in 2003.

- Jason

I was here during the Nexus and have stayed ever since. This web site was a dream come true, to find other people who love Atari as much as I do and to meet people who are keeping the dream alive by making new games.

:ponder: :lust: :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...