IGNORED

How long have you frequented AtariAge?

Rhindle The Red

How long have you frequented AtariAge?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you frequented AtariAge?

• since the days of Atari 2600 Nexus (1998 - April 2001)
    • since the dawn of AtariAge.com (circa 2001)
    • two or three years
    • one or two years
    • less than a year
    • I just got here

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It seems like I first found the link to AtariAge from the Atari Museum some years ago (that may not be right). I've been referencing the hardware and rarity guides since then, only this year did I join the forums. Generally overwhelmed by the knowledge level of most of the members, I've gotten a lot of help here.

I came here in July 2005 - so about four months now. I had purchased the 2600 and about 30 games and was looking for a site thank ranked/rated games. I think I've seen about every Atari themed web-site out there (I even have them bookmarked), BUT THIS ONE IS THE ONLY ONE I COME BACK TO EVERY DAY :)

Also, this is the very first forum in which I have participated. It is rather like my office Intranet, but there aren't as many a**holes and the topic are much more interesting :)

• 1 year later...

Been reading regularly since Atariage.com

Didn't contriburte for some time after that. Used to hang out in USENET in the mid 90-s. Ended up with one of the original Stella Gets a Brain CD's that resulted from one of Glenns projects. (Damn cool)

I've really enjoyed watching all the great talent here build the excellent homebrew scene. I also enjoy the quality of people and conversation. It's an excellent community with lots going on.

Thanks Al, for keeping it all going.

Edited by potatohead

I visited Atariage any chance I had for around the last 5 years or so. I would mainly just stare at the rarity guide and day dream about finding a Eli's ladder or Air Raid at a thrift store. I also had no idea what a forum was or owned a computer until April of 2006. Once I found out what a forum was (thank you Atariage) I purchased a computer, thanks to that all my spare money goes to here or Ebay now :D Thats fine with me though since I used to just blow it at the bar anyways. For the vote I put 1 to 2 years since thats when I started posting.

I only joined a few days ago, and thats because I wanted to download an attachment.

But you cannot download unless you are a member.

So I signed up, only to find I still couldn't download because I need to be validated both by an email, AND by an admin.

But after a number of hours, I could finally get in. Whew!

I only joined a few days ago, and thats because I wanted to download an attachment.

But you cannot download unless you are a member.

So I signed up, only to find I still couldn't download because I need to be validated both by an email, AND by an admin.

But after a number of hours, I could finally get in. Whew!

Yeah, sorry for the delay, the manual validation needs to be done to try and stop spammers from getting access to the forum and posting their garbage. With just email validation, we have to spend a lot of time nuking posts/threads and users/bots who simply come here to spam.

..Al

• 2 weeks later...

I admit it,I'm a noob here. Up until I went on ebay a couple months ago to look up some replacement joysticks (I had a rare one that died,and I looked for it incessantly), I didn't even know things like this site really existed. I had always assumed that while the younger generation are going "Retro (READ MOSTLY NES) crazy", most of us oldschoolers were long gone,and I was just an old man who strangely preferred VCS over moderns. I really never even knew there was anyone else like me around. I usually get strange looks at thrift shops because I pass up a lot of stuff for other systems to get Atari stuff.