IGNORED

New Feature: Blogs!

Albert

Last night we added a new feature to the forums: Blogs. You can create and manage your own blog here on AtariAge, and write about whatever you'd like. I've already written my first blog entry, which talks about the decision and work behind moving to new forum software. I see that a few other blogs have already been created as well. :)

Once you've created a blog, you can use My Controls to manage it (the Blog-related links will be at the top). I encourage everyone who enjoys writing (whether it be about video games or other subjects) to check it out!

..Al

what an excellent idea to further the community aspect of the site. :)

839302[/snapback]

I'm not really sure what to expect from the Blogs, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try them out. Still a few things I need to work out, such as enabling the "Friendly URLs" feature, which will allow you to use a much easier URL to access your individual blog. And also have fancier headers at the top of the page. May also allow people to strip off the AtariAge header for their blog, which is an option that's not presently enabled. At any rate, it gives me a place to rant about subjects, since I haven't setup a blog anywhere else on the web yet. ;)

..Al

Here's a fun blog feature!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...blogid=1&eid=10

Say you had a party and want to post the party pics as well as post the fun story of how your best friend ralphed in your potted ficus tree? Create a gallery, fill it with images and attach it to a blog entry. Pretty neat huh? :D

Here's a fun blog feature!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...blogid=1&eid=10

Say you had a party and want to post the party pics as well as post the fun story of how your best friend ralphed in your potted ficus tree? Create a gallery, fill it with images and attach it to a blog entry. Pretty neat huh?  :D

839465[/snapback]

Ficus trees are so hard to not want to puke on.

Hey Al,

Do you anticpate adding the ability for other users to leave comments on blogs or is it something you aren't interested in? I was wondering because I think you can control what kind of comments are posted, etc. I'm not sure but I think I saw some kind of option like that for blog options.

Hey Al,

Do you anticpate adding the ability for other users to leave comments on blogs or is it something you aren't interested in? I was wondering because I think you can control what kind of comments are posted, etc. I'm not sure but I think I saw some kind of option like that for blog options.

840191[/snapback]

Yes, you can comment on blog entries, and I've already responded to a few (such as this one). :)

..Al

You already can leave comments on blogs! Click on either the title of the entry or on 'Comments'. The Add Reply and Fast Reply buttons are right there on the bottom for your commenting needs.

840196[/snapback]

I did not know this. I think it's a cool thing to have though.

You can also choose to approve comments or not; I wouldnt worry about offensive or spammy comments sticking around for long anyhow :)

840201[/snapback]

Yeah, considering that forum posts are not approved before they are visible to the world, I would not worry about approving comments in a blog. Anything inappropriate will be removed quickly enough.

..Al

• 3 weeks later...

I started categorizing my entries.

I have two entries for today, one on how I got into Atari and another standard entry that's more of a general topic discussion.

I figure, It's more fun sometimes to talk about video games than other events in my life. :)

• 3 weeks later...

"And also have fancier headers at the top of the page. May also allow people to strip off the AtariAge header for their blog, which is an option that's not presently enabled."

I know these blogs are provided for free, so we can't complain at all...just suggesting. I was thinking about using this as the blog for my indie mag. How about if we can replace the AA header, but we have to include a little AA circle logo in the design?

"You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you."

Others are already posting pictures. So, that's okay, even if we don't own the copyright?

Could somebody explain to me how the font/size/colour things work? Even in guided mode, I can't figure it out :(

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...blog&blogid=81&

Edited by sidcrowe