IGNORED

FREE Journey Escape box 'n' docs contest

Zwackery

I have 10 empty boxes and matching instructions for Data Age's Journey Escape (Atari 2600). If you have a naked cart, this is the perfect chance to complete your title.

The rules of this contest are easy:

1) Respond publicly to this thread by completing the following sentence:

Journey Escape rocks my Atari because ________________________.

2) Then PM me with your name and mailing address, and the box 'n' docs will be mailed to you for FREE.

Note that the quality of boxes tends to vary, but the earlier you respond the better condition your box will be.

Journey Escape rocks my Atari because because of Steve Perry's most excellent vocal wizardry, represented as best it could be on the 2600's bodacious sound chip, and his completely and utterly fierce mullet, which in all it's glory would have melted down the 2600 if it tried to render it.

Brad

Edited by bradjewell

Journey Escape rocks my Atari because Journey rocks!! Thanks for making a great game to get me to "believin" in Journey, which led to Boston, Elo, Asia, and all those other mega bands!!

(No box needed... just wanted to say that!) ;)

Got my box and inst.

Thanks!

btw, at the risk of questioning pennies from heaven, how did you happen to have all those extra boxes?

841352[/snapback]

I bought a big box of empty boxes from a guy on eBay, and among the lot was a boatload of Journey Escape boxes. Mixed in were boxes for various titles like Space Jockey, Coco Nuts, Eggomania, Cosmic Creeps, and so forth - and yes, all those boxes are now gone - but most of the boxes were Journey Escape. Now, this guy should have mentioned that almost all the boxes also contained instructions, so it was a nice bonus to a pretty cheap deal.

Well, in the course of going through the boxes, I noticed a few notes either taped to the boxes or written directly on them that indicated that these boxes all contained carts that were returned as "non-working," probably to a Montgomery Wards or Sears. I wonder what happened to all the supposedly non-working carts - maybe returned to the manufacturer for credit? - and through the course of trading and whatnot I finally whittled down the original batch of boxes to the last lonely group of Journey Escapes, but I couldn't bear to just pitch them (and trying to sell 10 JE boxes on eBay? ha!) and so I thought, well, other gamers have done nice things for me in the past, so let me play Robin Hood after a fashion.

Edited by Zwackery

Got my box and inst.

Thanks!

btw, at the risk of questioning pennies from heaven, how did you happen to have all those extra boxes?

841352[/snapback]

I bought a big box of empty boxes from a guy on eBay, and among the lot was a boatload of Journey Escape boxes. Mixed in were boxes for various titles like Space Jockey, Coco Nuts, Eggomania, Cosmic Creeps, and so forth - and yes, all those boxes are now gone - but most of the boxes were Journey Escape. Now, this guy should have mentioned that almost all the boxes also contained instructions, so it was a nice bonus to a pretty cheap deal.

Well, in the course of going through the boxes, I noticed a few notes either taped to the boxes or written directly on them that indicated that these boxes all contained carts that were returned as "non-working," probably to a Montgomery Wards or Sears. I wonder what happened to all the supposedly non-working carts - maybe returned to the manufacturer for credit? - and through the course of trading and whatnot I finally whittled down the original batch of boxes to the last lonely group of Journey Escapes, but I couldn't bear to just pitch them (and trying to sell 10 JE boxes on eBay? ha!) and so I thought, well, other gamers have done nice things for me in the past, so let me play Robin Hood after a fashion.

841469[/snapback]

you rock man... I got my box today. Now I have a complete Journey Escape. ;o)

Brad

J/C but will you post a list of those of us who are "winners" of the contest? I see a lot of posts from people saying they got their already but I haven't gotten a PM confirming my contest entry from the first day this thread was posted nor do I know if anybody else has. :?:

J/C but will you post a list of those of us who are "winners" of the contest?  I see a lot of posts from people saying they got their already but I haven't gotten a PM confirming my contest entry from the first day this thread was posted nor do I know if anybody else has. :?:

842883[/snapback]

If you live in one of these cities, you are already a winner!

mailed 4/19

Dallas, GA

Beauty, KY

Jordan, MN

Edmond, OK

Franklinville, NJ

mailed 4/22

Omaha, NE

Kingwood, TX

La Puente, CA

Marietta, OH

to be mailed on 4/25