IGNORED

Atari Announces Flashback 2.0

Curt, sorry to asking such a dumb question since the answer seems to be clear, but a clear answer would help not to harm some hardware :o) You said the 2600 chip is 3.3V supplied. But are all the inputs 5V tolerant? Can I just supply 5V for the cartridge (so all the data/adress lines will be at 5V) and for the stick inputs (so I'll have no troubles with the trackball units and like)???

896986[/snapback]

I'm wondering the same thing myself. The address lines are 2600 outputs only but the data is IO. Will the 8 data lines to the cart port need serial resistors for protection?

I can't wait to seehow tey pull off Space Duel and Caverns of Mars...

Judging by the screenshots of Caverns of Mars that Curt's posted... the 2600 can do better.

898854[/snapback]

Where ar they? I can't seem to find them.

If you'd bothered just scrolling down, you would have seen the topic halfway down this page. It's here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...opic=71124&st=0

Though for some odd reason Curt's images are only showing up as "user posted image" for me.

900243[/snapback]

Uh huh...

I'm guessing the words "USER POSTED IMAGE" don't qualify as a screenshot. :roll: