IGNORED

Sega Arcade -> Atari 2600 port

Cybergoth

Which of these Sega Arcades should be ported to the 2600?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these Sega Arcades should be ported to the 2600?

• Eliminator
    • Digger
    • Samurai
    • Space Trek
    • Tranquilizer Gun
    • Astro Blaster
    • Pulsar
    • Space Fury
    • Space Odyssey
    • Space Tactics
    • Turbo

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hi there!

As requested by novaexpress, this time I picked a selection of older (79-81) Sega Arcade games that never officially made it to the 2600.

And the question is again: Which of these is the most desired for the Atari 2600?

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

As requested by novaexpress, this time I picked a selection of older (79-81) Sega Arcade games that never officially made it to the 2600.

And the question is again: Which of these is the most desired for the Atari 2600?

Greetings,

Manuel

847246[/snapback]

I loved Astro Blaster and spent millions on it when I was a youth, but I can't see a VCS version living up to the original - the voice was a huge part of the game, even if the gameplay was akin to Megamania.

Hi there!

None of the above. The greatest Sega arcade game never ported is none other than....... FONZ :)  :)

Hehe, ok. I only listed choices that are already emulated in MAME, so everyone has a chance to try them.

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

None of the above. The greatest Sega arcade game never ported is none other than....... FONZ :)  :)

Hehe, ok. I only listed choices that are already emulated in MAME, so everyone has a chance to try them.

Greetings,

Manuel

851973[/snapback]

I'd like to see Hang-On for the 2600! Who wants to take on that challange? Whoever would do it would probably catch as much grief as the designer of the orignal Pac-Man.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Wow. Lots of votes for Astro Blaster. I like the game, but there are a couple games on the 2600 that play like it. Megamania holds up quite well to it IMO. From what I tried, Threshold is pretty good too, though it's missing the overheat feature from Astro Blaster and other versions of Threshold.

Wow. Lots of votes for Astro Blaster. I like the game, but there are a couple games on the 2600 that play like it. Megamania holds up quite well to it IMO. From what I tried, Threshold is pretty good too, though it's missing the overheat feature from Astro Blaster and other versions of Threshold.

I voted for Astro Blaster as well, though I only did so because it was the best one on the list for me. I agree that many original Sega games were severely lacking. I would love Astroblaster and Threshhold and play them ona regular basis, but for that over-heat CRAP.

I can't stand idiotic game features like that, it just stops the game. It wrecks the entire flow of the gameplay.

It is like putting in an artificial difficulty instead of making a game that increases in difficulty properly.

-Ray

I had to vote for Astro Blaster-I used to own one. I know the gameplay is simmilar to Megamaina with 2 big differences- The warp feature (awesome) and the docking/ refuel sequence. Great game! Although, I would LOVE to see Pulsar done. A very underated game with some of the most haunting background music (sound?) I had heard in any game up to that point! and the game just has a great challenge to it. If you havent played it yet, check it out on MAME!

KEEP PLAYIN' LIKE IT'S 1981!

Ray

I voted for Astro Blaster as well, though I only did so because it was the best one on the list for me. I agree that many original Sega games were severely lacking. I would love Astroblaster and Threshhold and play them ona regular basis, but for that over-heat CRAP.

I didn't vote for Astro Blaster, I voted for Space Fury. Threshold is on the 2600. In fact, that was the very version I was reffering to. The 2600 Threshold is missing the overheat from other versions.

Edited by BrianC