IGNORED

7800: Pac-Man Completed.

PacManPlus

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys :)

There are two mazes in this game, use the right difficulty switch to change between the two of them. When the difficulty switch is in the 'B' position, you get the standard maze. When it's in the 'A' position, you get the 'New-Puck-X' maze.

The left difficulty switch controls the lives. In the 'B' position, you get 5 lives. In the 'A' position, you get 3.

:)

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Pac-Man Plus I dont know if you knew this but there's a flall on the game it self I got the game today in the mail, (Thanks Man :D ) and I plug in the 7800 and try it out but at first I cant get the game to run on my unit I assume that the 7800 was durty or there was durt in the game it self then I keep cleaning it with air can and then I try one of my other games and they all work fine on the 7800 but as I try playing Pac-Man it just blank screen then I try other 7800 unit and it withs seem that this Pac-Man game cant wolk on a 7800 with the Expansion Interface Post but when I play it on the two None-Expansion Interface Post it works fine. Just letting you know if it just me or is this happin to any others that have this bug?

Edited by Atariboy2600

That's odd, because my 7800 is an 'Expansion Port' model :-/ and I played a few rounds of it to make sure it works before I sent it. :(

Has anyone else with an expansion port who has a Pac-Man cart had this problem?

The pacman you made me a while back I have tested on an 1984, 1986 and the 1987 model of the 7800 and it works perfect on all machines.

That's odd, because my 7800 is an 'Expansion Port' model :-/ and I played a few rounds of it to make sure it works before I sent it. :(

Hi Bob

no,i tested it on all my consoles.It works on all very well.

greetings Walter

Seem that its still not working on the Expansion Port' model and I played all my 7800 on it and they play fine at the same time I played the Pac-Man on the none Expansion Port' model all day and its fine. Why me?? :?

Does anyone have a clue as to why this could happen? Could it be a 'pin' thing? I mean it is a standard 7800 board, just with an eprom in it, and that exact cart did work in my expansion port 7800 (the only one I had at the time - just got another one without the expansion port)

Thanks in advance

Bob

@atariboy: Have you tried any other carts (namely 7800 carts) that have EPROM's in them on that system? It might help to nail down the problem if you can test with another cart that has an EPROM in it.

I tryed many old 7800 games on the unit what games that had EPROM in it?

I think the froggo games did. But I'm not sure. I would try any other homebrews you might have I can be sure they will have EPROMS in them.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh yeah, that's right - yes, the Froggo games do have eproms in them

Well anyway lucky for me I have three 7800 and I can play it on the other unit and I still love the game, and was wondering if you going to do that Pac-Man Classic Collection 3-in-1 game cart like the one thats coming for the Colecovision Pac-Man, Ms Pac-Man and Pac-Man Plus? :D

• 9 years later...

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug, but I can't get it to stay on the Pacman maze. I flip the difficulty switch, and it plays the Pacman maze for one round, but after that it switches to the New-Puck-X maze. I've only tried it in Prosystem (EMU7800 didn't recognize it and I can't for the life of me figure out MESS), so it could just be a bug with the emulator, but I'm still putting it out there just in case it's not.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a bug, but I can't get it to stay on the Pacman maze. I flip the difficulty switch, and it plays the Pacman maze for one round, but after that it switches to the New-Puck-X maze. I've only tried it in Prosystem...

The most commonly used version(s) of the ProSystem emulator (1.3d & older) has a bug with the difficulty switches. It acts more as a 'hold down the button to toggle one position and release the button to toggle to the other' then a true 'set in place' position of A or B.

Highly recommend MAME for the most accurate emulation of the 7800.

• 6 years later...

Just reading some old posts but a7800  Prosystem emulator is up to 4.1 now and he added a setting button on the 3DS Touch screen that has direct access to the difficulty switches.  It's now a million times easier to use now.  When I get home from work, I'm going to make a post about it because wavemotion dave deserves recognition if he hasn't gotten it already 

On 11/8/2022 at 1:25 PM, mdborn76 said:

Just reading some old posts but a7800  Prosystem emulator is up to 4.1 now and he added a setting button on the 3DS Touch screen that has direct access to the difficulty switches.  It's now a million times easier to use now.  When I get home from work, I'm going to make a post about it because wavemotion dave deserves recognition if he hasn't gotten it already 

Version 4.3a currently.  To be clear, it is the A7800DS emulator - an Atari 7800 emulator for the Nintendo DS/DSi handheld.

Recognition is indeed present as "wavemotion dave", AKA @llabnip on the Atari Age forums, has been actively posting progress about it:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/329635-bankset-bankswitching/?do=findComment&comment=5151822

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/342877-atari-7800-bankswitching-schemes/?do=findComment&comment=5150902

;)

• Like 1