IGNORED

WTB Roland MPU-401, MPU-401/AT, MPU-IPC, MPU-IPC-T

Blackwolf

WTB Roland MPU-401, MPU-401/AT, MPU-IPC, MPU-IPC-T or equivalent

I'm trying to get an ISA card for my classic box that has MPU-401 Intelligent Mode. Most cards out there have MPU-401 UART Mode, and I don't need that.

I recently acquired (after 17 years of whining, kicking, and screaming to my parents for wanting one) a Roland MT-32 Sound Module for all of those classic Sierra and Lucasfilm adventure games, and I want to be able to use it the way it was intended - unfortunately I need the actual interface card that these games support.

A Roland SCC-1 will also work. I just got sniped out of one today, and there are no other cards on eBay that fit the description (either up now or completed.)

I also need to make sure they have the mini DIN cables. (If you actually have these cards, you know what those are.)

NO LONGER NEEDED: I got my hands on an MPU-IPC and it works great. Thanks!

Edited by Blackwolf

WTB Roland MPU-401, MPU-401/AT, MPU-IPC, MPU-IPC-T or equivalent

I'm trying to get an ISA card for my classic box that has MPU-401 Intelligent Mode. Most cards out there have MPU-401 UART Mode, and I don't need that.

I recently acquired (after 17 years of whining, kicking, and screaming to my parents for wanting one) a Roland MT-32 Sound Module for all of those classic Sierra and Lucasfilm adventure games, and I want to be able to use it the way it was intended - unfortunately I need the actual interface card that these games support.

A Roland SCC-1 will also work. I just got sniped out of one today, and there are no other cards on eBay that fit the description (either up now or completed.)

I also need to make sure they have the mini DIN cables. (If you actually have these cards, you know what those are.)

849629[/snapback]

A Roland LAPC-1 card will work as well. I had a hell of a time finding an actual MPU-401 card for my MT-32 I hunted down at a pawn shop/music store over in cocoa beach.Finally found one though. Check out Quest Studios... They have patches available to allow you to play Sierra games through the Soundblaster UART with an MT-32...

A Roland LAPC-1 card will work as well. I had a hell of a time finding an actual MPU-401 card for my MT-32 I hunted down at a pawn shop/music store over in cocoa beach.Finally found one though.  Check out Quest Studios... They have patches available to allow you to play Sierra games through the Soundblaster UART with an MT-32...

850147[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm over there too asking around. I have cards with UART mode so I'm not totally SOL, but the patch only works for Sierra games, not for the Lucasfilm or Origin games.

A Roland LAPC-1 card will work as well. I had a hell of a time finding an actual MPU-401 card for my MT-32 I hunted down at a pawn shop/music store over in cocoa beach.Finally found one though.  Check out Quest Studios... They have patches available to allow you to play Sierra games through the Soundblaster UART with an MT-32...

850147[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm over there too asking around. I have cards with UART mode so I'm not totally SOL, but the patch only works for Sierra games, not for the Lucasfilm or Origin games.

850168[/snapback]

I sent PM. Check ebay for LAPC-1. Got 34 minutes left on one.